Chapter 21: Hospital

Cora's POV

"But she's okay?"

"Yes, she will remain so if she is cared for."

"Thank you, doctor." I heard Beau say. I started to move as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Cora?" Beau said as he rushed over to me.

"I'll give you guys some time" the doctor said as she left.

"Cora! I'm so happy you're okay!" He smiled back at me.

"What happened?" I replied.

"You passed out."

"Why?"

"You're pregnant, beautiful" He said with a smile.

"I-I am pregnant?"

"Yes."

I let out a nervous laugh and looked at Beau. "So you're okay with this?"

"Of course I am! How could I not be? My beautiful wife is pregnant with my child" he got up from the chair and got into the hospital bed with me. He wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head on his chest. "We'll do this together" Beau said as he placed a kiss on my head.
——————————————————————————
"You're really starting to show." Emily stated.

"Wow, thanks. You're so kind." I replied. It had been 5 months since Beau and I had found out that I'm pregnant.

"Cora?" I heard Beau call.

"Yeah?"

"Can you come upstairs?"

"Sure" I replied as I headed upstairs. Once I got to the top of the steps I had to stop. I clutched my stomach as I kept getting these pains. They eventually went away and I headed to where Beau was.

I saw him come out of a room with a smile. He went behind me and put his hands over my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"I have a surprise." He lead me towards the room and positioned me in the doorway. "Okay, open your eyes."

It was beautiful. The room was painted a navy blue and there was a big rug in the middle of the room. Underneath big windows was a white crib with pillows and stuffed animals in it. The room was filled with baby essentials and toys.

"Y-y-you made a nursery?" I said as I started to cry.

"Yeah. Emily helped me design it but the betas and I built it."

"It's perfect." I walked over to him and gave him a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you, beautiful."

I let out a hiss of pain as I bent over a little, grabbing my stomach.

"Cora? Cora, what's wrong?" Beau said as he grabbed onto me.

"I'm sure it's nothing. Just a bit of pain."

"We should go to the hospital."

"Fine. Let's go."
——————————————————————————
"Alright, Luna, lets have a look."  The doctor said as she turned on the ultra-sound machine. "The baby looks very healthy. And you both don't want to know the sex, correct?"

"Yeah, we want it to be a surprise" I replied with a smile as I looked over at Beau.

"Well the baby is perfectly healthy but to be safe I want to run some tests, make sure you're okay."

"Whatever you need to do." Beau responded.

After a lot of testing, Beau and I were waiting in the exam room when the doctor came back.

"We need to induce labor. The baby is taking too much nutrients and blood from you. It's killing you, Luna Cora."

"How is that even possible?" I said as I choked back tears.

"Alpha Beau is very powerful and you are a daughter of an Alpha. Those genes are making the baby incredibly strong. Now, this will be a premature baby. It might not survive but will do the best we can. The most important thing right now is making sure you survive, Luna Cora."

I started crying even harder. This can't be happening. I looked to Beau and he had the same look of devastation. He looked down at me and grabbed my hand. "It will be okay. You both will make it." He said, trying to give me hope.

"When?" I choked out.

"Right away. We can't risk your life."
——————————————————————————
I slowly opened my eyes.

"Beau? Did the baby make it?"

"Yes. At least for now." He grabbed my hand. "Its a boy, beautiful. The doctor said she needs to closely monitor him until he's completely stable. It will probably be a few months so that way he can gain some weight as well."

"Cora?" I heard Theo yell as he ran down the hallway. He burst into the room. "Are you okay? Is the baby okay?"

"We're both okay, Theo. Thanks for coming."

"Yeah, I called him." Beau said.

"I'm glad you did" I replied. Beau knows how much I want him to get to know his brother.

Over the next few weeks, we got many visits. Natalie and Luke came in a lot and so did Emily and Lizzy. Beau's betas continually stopped in to get orders from Beau. He refused to leave the hospital until we both could.
——————————————————————————