Chapter 18: Trip

More of Beau^
Cora's POV

When I woke up the next morning, Beau was not next to me. But then I realized the shower was running so, getting out of bed, I decided to join him.

I slowly opened up the bathroom door and closed it behind me. I took off Beau's t-shirt that I had put on last night. Then I slipped in the shower with me.

He turned around when I came in, "hey, beautiful."

"Hey."
——————————————————————————
"So, how did you sleep? I noticed you weren't in your room this morning" Emily said over breakfast with a suspicious grin.

"I slept great. I just decided to go for walk is all" I stated, trying to be cool.

"Uh huh" she said, not believing me. "Speaking of, where is Beau?"

"He went to a meeting with his betas and higher up guards."

"That's weird. He usually doesn't do that unless something happened." Worry was evident on my face and Emily noticed, "I'm sure it's nothing" she said while giving my hand a light squeeze.

"Let's go shopping to get your mind off of it. How does that sound, Lizzy?"

"Yay!! Please come, Auntie Cora!"

"Okay, I'll go. But only because of you."

"Yay!"
——————————————————————————
"How does pizza sound for dinner?" I asked as I flipped through the take out menus in the kitchen.

"Good with us!" Emily yelled from the living room.

We had spent the day shopping and returned with empty stomachs. Beau still wasn't home and I was beginning to question why he wasn't yet.

I ordered the pizza and joined Emily and Lizzy in the living room to watch Finding Nemo.

About 20 minutes later, the doorbell rang and we got our pizza. Halfway through dinner, I heard the door burst open.

"Cora?" I heard Beau call.

"Yeah?"

He entered the living room with a huge grin on his face. "I have a surprise for you!"

"What is it?"

"Well that would ruin the surprise, beautiful. Just go pack a bag and meet me outside." He said, still beaming.

"Okay" I said as I chuckled to myself, he really is a dork.

As I ran upstairs, I could hear Emily and Lizzy excitedly questioning Beau on where he was taking me.

Entering Beau's room that had pretty much become mine, I grabbed a duffel bag and threw in some essentials.

I ran back down the stairs and quickly said goodbye to Emily and Lizzy before rushing out the door to meet Beau.

"There you are, beautiful" Beau said with a grin as he opened the passenger side door of his car and I got in.
——————————————————————————
I had fallen asleep on the way and slightly woke up as I felt Beau carrying me. I still didn't know where we were but I really didn't care as I snuggled deeper into his chest.

I felt him put me down and I was immediately immersed in a soft bed. A couple of minutes later, I felt the other side of the bed dip down as Beau got in. I felt him put his arm around me and I instantly fell asleep.
——————————————————————————
The next morning, I turned to face Beau but he wasn't there. Confused, I got out of the bed and made my way to the door. Once I opened it, I was greeted with a small hallway that I walked down and found stairs. Going down the stairs, I started to hear movements to the right that I followed.

As I rounded the corner, I saw Beau. He was making pancakes and singing. I took a seat at the bar, quietly, and enjoyed the view.

He was shirtless with grey sweatpants on. His hair was messy from sleep.

He started to dance a little and turned and then spotted me.

"Oh don't stop."

"Don't sneak up on me like that" he said as he leaned over the counter and gave me a small kiss. "Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning" I said with a smile. "So, where are we?"

"A small town along the coast" he said as he returned to cooking.  "My father built this house when he first heard my mom was pregnant. He wanted them to live here instead of being apart of the pack." He glanced at me, "he never wanted to be alpha but then his father died and he had to take over. So this place was left abandoned."

"It's beautiful. But I didn't know that your father didn't want to be alpha."

"No one did. He never told my mom about this place and he only told me after she died and grew depressed.  The pack that his father ruled was cruel and powerful. There was no room for failure or mistakes. Everything was very strict. He wanted something different for his kids. That's why I try to lead the pack in a different way, a better way."

"You do. I see the way the pack members look at you and talk about you. They love and adore you."

"Thanks, I try" He said with a small smile. "And breakfast is served."
——————————————————————————