Chapter 7: The Truth

Cora's POV

The next morning, I woke up and quickly got ready. I threw on a white T-shirt and blue jeans pairing them with sneakers. As I walked downstairs, I saw the driver waiting for me, I don't think I'm ready.

2 hours later we were arriving at the gate to Midnight Pack. It's only been a few days but it feels weird being back especially under these circumstances.

The gate opened and the driver took me to my house. As we pulled up, my mom was standing at the door waiting for me.

"What happened? Why are you back? You were supposed to be with him for at least a month."

"Hello to you too. Where's dad? We all need to talk."

"He's on his way. Here, come inside."

A few minutes later my dad came home and we all sat in the living room. I wasn't prepared.

"So I need to ask you guys something. Something that Beau told me last night but I need to hear it from you."

"What is it?" My dad asked.

"Do you know how his family died?" Both of them got a serious look on their faces and looked at each other. Then my mom continued,

"Honey, you need to understand that his family are not good people. They gave food and medical supplies to rogues! Those rogues make the wolf community look awful. They are a disgusting group. And him and his family would associate with them."

"That's not what I asked."

"Look, it's true. Ryder got that girl pregnant. We couldn't let that happen. We couldn't be connected to that family or that lowly Pack."

"How could do that? They did nothing wrong!"

"They know what they did by helping those muts in the woods." My dad stayed coldly.

"And I'm mated to him! So now you are connected anyway."

"That's why you're no longer welcome here. We can't have our name tainted. The rest of your things are currently being sent to you Pack."

"I'm your daughter! How could you do this?"

"You stopped being our daughter as soon as you were mated to him. Now please leave. You're not welcome."

"Fine! I'm glad to be rid of such awful people as you!" I stormed out of the house and got back into the car. The driver immediately started going back to Black Rose and I cried the whole 2 hours back, not being able to grasp what I just heard.

Once the driver took me back to Beau's house, I rushed in. "Beau! Beau, are you here?" I shouted.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" Emily said rushing to me.

"Where's Beau? I need to talk to him."

"He's in his office."

"Thank you" I said rushing down the hallway. I knocked on the door once before letting myself in. He was sitting at his desk but as soon as he saw me he rushed to my side.

"Are you okay?"

"No! They told me it's true! And that I'm not their daughter anymore! You were right! About everything. I should have believed you."

"No one would want to believe that about their family. It's okay" he said as he took me in his arms. I was so grateful to have him. I slowly took my head away from his chest and looked up into his eyes.

"What? What is it?"

"You. You're nothing like what I've been told my whole life. You're kind and generous and forgiving. I'm so sorry for how I've treated you."

"You didn't know about any of this. That's why I wanted to take you away from that pack as soon as I realized you were my mate and that's why I attacked them in the first place. To make them pay for what they did."

"I'm so sorry" I said and he took my face in his hands and gave a small smile.

"You have nothing to be sorry about" he said as he glanced down at my lips.  I couldn't help what I did next.

I leaned up and kissed him.
——————————————————————————