Chapter 8: Emily

Cora's POV

His lips were so soft and he immediately started kissing me back and deepening it. I couldn't get enough and it was obvious he felt the same. I parted my lips and he put his tongue in and further deepened our passionate and longing kisses.

I could have kissed him forever but then there was a knock at my door. We both stopped and looked annoyingly at the door.

"Who is it?" I questioned.

"It's Lizzy! Mom and I are going to watch Moana and wanted you to join. She's making popcorn!"

"I'll be right there!" I looked at Beau with a small smile and moved towards the door but he quickly grabbed my arm.

"Not so fast" he said with a grin and kissed me again.  He pushed me against the door and deepened the kiss.

I pulled away slightly, out of breath, "I really have to go now."

"Okay but I'll see you tomorrow. I have to go talk to my betas anyway."

"See you then" I said as he gave me a quick kiss and we walked out of my room and headed downstairs. I plopped down on the couch and Lizzy immediately cuddled up to me. Emily walked in with popcorn and saw Beau leaving. She gave me a suspicious glance but I just gave an innocent smile.
——————————————————————————
The next morning I woke up early to start making breakfast. I felt bad that Emily always did it so I thought I would help out. As I was mixing the pancake batter, I felt my mate wrap his arms around my waist.

"You're so beautiful" he said as he kissed my neck.

"You're not so bad yourself" I said turning around with a grin.

"Is that so?" He added with a smirk and leaned in and kissed me deeply. As we were kissing, we heard a cough and quickly stopped.

"I guess you guys are getting along" Emily said smiling.

"Uhh I was just making breakfast" I tried to act innocent.

"Obviously" Emily said as she stated getting out plates. Beau was leaning against the counter as I started to make the pancakes. Just then Lizzy ran downstairs and jumped onto Beau.

"Hey there cutie."

"Hi Uncle Beau! Auntie Cora, what are you making?"

"Just some chocolate chip pancakes. They're my favorite."

"Me too!"

Beau put Lizzy down as I finished the pancakes. We all sat down as his betas entered and thanked me for breakfast. He had two, Phillip and Jessie. As were eating, Beau looked to me,

"So, I have a question for you."

"Yes?"

"How would you feel about a party tonight to introduce you to the pack?"

"Uhh sure. I would love that" I said with a smile. "But I don't have anything to wear."

"Great. I'll have my assistant start working on it. Emily, can you take Cora shopping today so she can get a dress?"

"You know how much I love to shop! Of course."

"Thanks. Here's my card try not to bankrupt me."

"No promises" she said taking the card.
——————————————————————————
After we had shopped for what felt like hours, we were headed back to the pack. We had really begun getting to know each other and I started to want to know something.

"So, Emily, who is Liz's dad?"

"Um it's a long story."

"Oh sorry. I didn't mean to pry."

"It's okay. It's just hard to talk about it but I'll tell you. He was my mate. We had met when I was 18 and fell madly in love with each other. Once we were married, however, things changed. He started becoming very aggressive and dominant over me." She said as she let a few tears fall. "If I did the tiniest thing wrong or just know how he wanted it, he would beat me. I began to fear for my life. He had threatened to kill me if I ever told anyone so I stayed quiet. But then I got pregnant. I knew I didn't want and couldn't let my child be near him. So one night, after he had fallen asleep, I slipped out of the house and ran as fast as I could to Beau's house. At the time, his parents were still alive and took me in. I was so scared that he would come for me and Beau took it upon himself to protect me. A couple of days later, his body turned up in the lake. He had been beaten and then shot and I knew it was Beau."

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I had no idea..."

"There's no way you could have. But that's why Beau and I are so close. Him and his family protected me when no one else would. He's truly amazing."

As I sat there driving, I thought about how wonderful my mate truly is.
——————————————————————————