Chapeter 5: Alpha Beau

Alpha Beau- Oliver Stark^
Cora's POV

The following morning I woke up to the smell of bacon and I got very excited. I managed to find my way to the stairs and find the kitchen.

Emily was making a breakfast feast and a little girl was sitting at the table excitedly waiting.

"Good morning,Cora! This is my daughter, Elizabeth but we call her Liz. Sweetie, this is Cora. She's Uncle Beau's new mate."  Liz jumped out of her seat and ran over to me, throwing her little arms around me.

"Nice to meet you, Liz." She was so small, she must be only 5.

"Hi, Aunt Cora!" She kept hugging me until Emily made her stop and I just laughed. We both sat down and Emily handed us plates with eggs, bacon, and fruit on them. It was so delicious.

After breakfast, I helped Emily clean up and Liz insisted I see her room so we went upstairs.

When we got to her room, I was amazed. She had so many toys and stuffed animals. It was every kids dream room.

"Wow, Liz."

"Yeah, I have a lot of stuff. Uncle Beau likes to spoil me." She said with a big smile on her face.  I couldn't help but smile at how she spoke about Alpha Beau. It was so different than what I had heard.

Everyone in Midnight Pack always said that his father had made a deal with vampires, they were given a wolf each month to do with whatever they want and in exchange they wouldn't attack the Black Rose Pack. See, at the time, the pack was very weak and had already suffered major losses from vampires so he made the deal. When he died, however, 2 years ago, Alpha Beau took control and changed everything. First he built up defense with the help of rogues and then welcomed them into the pack. With the new reinforcements, he was able to break the deal with the vampires. Alpha Beau killed so many vampires to be sure they wouldn't try to attack back. The next year after that, he worked on creating a new and better pack but he continued to attack nearby packs who posed a threat. He was ruthless. I guess he finally had built up enough strength to attack us.

Many people disagreed and found it disgraceful how he gained power. People hated rogues and found them to be of lower class and not deserving of ever being in a pack. Some even believed they should be wiped out all together. But not Alpha Beau.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Liz tugged on my t-shirt and begged me to play hide and seek.

We played for awhile and eventually watched a movie with Emily. Then we ate pizza for lunch.

When it was almost time for dinner, I helped Emily make a salad, chicken with pasta and some cookies for dessert. She said that Beau would be home for dinner and I was extremely nervous. I mean this guy attacked my boyfriend and then made me come live with him. He hasn't even introduced himself and I've been here for a day.

It was finally dinner time and Liz helped me set the table. Once we were done we heard the door open and I smelled that intoxicating earthy scent I had smelled on the battlefield.

There he was. He was gorgeous, had slight stubble and a cute birthmark by his eye. He was wearing a black t-shirt that showed his muscles. As soon as I saw him I knew it was true. He was my mate. I was drawn to him.

As soon as he walked into the dining room, Liz jumped into his arms.

"Uncle Beau! You're finally home!"

"Hi, Lizzy! Food smells delicious. Did you help?" His voice was deep and husky and I couldn't get enough.

"I helped set the table. But Aunt Cora helped mom."

"So I guess she's already won you over" he said as he looked my way with a smile that lit up the room. He walked over to me and stuck out his hand.

"Hi Cora. It's nice to finally meet you here instead of on the battlefield." I shook his hand, which felt weirdly formal. As soon as I touched his hand I felt sparks.

"H-h-i-i" I managed to stutter out while taking in the beauty of this man.

"Well let's eat. I'm starving!" Emily piped up, breaking the tension.

Dinner was filled with awkward small talk as Liz asked me about my pack.

"So you're the Alpha's daughter? That must be so awesome!" She said excitedly.

"I guess. He doesn't really like to involve me in pack matters. Says I'm too fragile."

"Well that will change here. You're the new Luna" Emily said with a big smile. I smiled back and glanced at Beau who had been staring at me the whole dinner.

After dessert, I excused myself and went to shower. As I stepped out, I thought I could smell that earthy scent but I assumed it was just because this is his house. So I threw a towel around my body and walked into my room.

"What are you doing?" I questioned in an almost yell as I saw my mate sitting on my bed.

"Sorry. I just wanted to talk with just the two of us. I didn't know you would be in the shower." He said as he looked at me. "God, you're beautiful."

"Uh thanks. Do you mind? I would like to put some clothes. Then we can talk."

"Oh yeah of course" he said as walked out.

I quickly threw on a shirt and some sweatpants and opened the door for him.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"I just want to welcome you to this pack. If you ever need anything, I'm here. But I would like to get to know you better of course."

"Okay... what did you have in mind?"

"Dinner. How about tomorrow?"

"Um sure."

"Great! I'll pick you up at 8." He said as he walked out with a grin on his face.

He's not what I had expected at all. He was so respectful and kind. At least for now. I guess tomorrow I have a date with Alpha Beau.
——————————————————————————