Chapter 6: Date Night

Cora's POV

The next day I stressed about the date all day. I still don't know why I said yes. I mean I'm still with Ryder. Hopefully he still remembers me since my dad took my phone when I left.

I guess it's the whole mate attraction.

I took a nice, long shower and decided to do simple curls with a simple makeup look, complete with winged eyeliner.

Next was my outfit. Oh no. Beau had told me to dress nice so I was analyzing my wardrobe harshly. I finally decided on a deep red dress with nude heels. As I did the strap on the heels, I heard Beau's Jeep come into the driveway. Here we go.
——————————————————————————
We had been in the car for 10 minutes not saying much except when originally opened the door for me and told me how beautiful I looked.

He was wearing a dark blue almost black suit with a black dress shirt underneath. I still couldn't get enough of his scent.

20 minutes later we finally arrived at the restaurant and he opened the door for me again. As we walked in, I looked around at my new surroundings. The restaurant was dimly lit with many human couples enjoying pricy food and smiling at each other.

We took a seat at a booth towards the back and the waiter brought us drinks.

"So how are you liking Black Rose so far?"

"It's nice just lonely. I only know Emily and Lizzy" I said coldly, remembering Ryder and my family at Midnight Pack.

"Well I can change that. Sometime I can give you a tour of the pack and you can meet some members" he said with a smile. He was being nice but I couldn't get over the fact that I was being forced to live in his pack and be away from my family.

The waiter came with our food and I added, "I especially miss my boyfriend, Ryder."

His smile went away and he looked at me with disgust in his eyes. "Don't mention that mut to me."

"Excuse me but he's my boyfriend and just because you're my mate does not mean that we're broken up."

"You don't know him as well as you think you do."

"What are you talking about? He's my boyfriend."

"Haven't you noticed that he hasn't tried to contact you in the slightest? That's not my doing." I tried to not look phased but those words hurt.

"He's probably still in the hospital from you, I might add."

"I checked and he's been out for a couple of days now. Face it, he's no good."

"What do you know about our relationship anyway?"

"More than you think. We can talk about this later but not now in public." I didn't want the conversation to end but I could tell I had hit a nerve and I didn't want to cause a scene so I let it go. I made a mental note to question him later.
——————————————————————————
After we got back, he followed me to my room so we could talk.

"So what do you think you know about Ryder?"

"It's not what I think, it's the truth. A few years ago, Ryder started secretly seeing my sister, Sam."

"That's impossible. We were already dating then." I said, not wanting to believe it.

"It's true. I think he used the excuse of beta duties. Anyway, he got my sister pregnant and didn't know what to do so he confided in your mother, Lauren. She said she would help him take care of it. So together they planned an attack on my sister and killed her but my mother saw everything so they killed her too. They made it look like a vampire attack. However, my father found out and told me everything. He then tried to seek justice but your father, the mighty Alpha George, had him killed. They made it look like he had killed himself because of my moms and sisters death. But I knew what really happened. I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this but at least now you know."

"I-I-I don't believe you" I said as I held back tears. This can't be true.

"Just ask your dear family. I can have a driver take you there tomorrow. You should know who they really are."

"Fine. I will. Please leave."

"Okay, just please understand that I didn't want to hurt you. I would never hurt you."

"Just go" I said trying to stop tears from falling.

After he left, I cuddled into bed and laid awake all night, not being able to process this.
——————————————————————————