Chapter Thirty

** Olivia's POV**

3 weeks have passed since Elliot went to prison, and I am struggling, Sky is too. She's trying to put on a front, pretending she's ok and that it's not bothering her but I can see straight through her.

A visiting order came through the post a couple of days ago and I'd decided today I'd go and see him. I haven't told Sky - knowing she'll want to come. I need to see him alone, at least for the first time, because I have no idea how well he's coping.

"I'll be back before six baby. Are you sure you're going to be ok on your own? I can call Amanda." I ask her for the millionth time this afternoon.

"Mom, I'll be fine. Honestly. Stop stressing."

I nod my head. I'm trying to trust her again, but it's hard. As much as I wish I could be I can't be around 24 hours a day to protect her, I have to let go at some point.

As I drive in the direction of the prison I can't help but think about how me and Elliot could have ended up. If only he'd never left. Even after everything that's happened I've always loved him. And after what he's done for me and Sky that bond has only grown stronger.

When I arrive at the prison I park and walk towards the entrance. It feels weird coming here to visit someone I love, it's usually the other way around. After handing in my gun and passing the security checks I take a seat and wait for Elliot. As the line of prisoners filter in I see perps I've helped put away. immediately I feel uncomfortable by the looks of pure hatred coming my way.

"Hey." Elliot says, sliding into his seat, choosing not to gaze around. "You came."

"Of course I came. Although my back is going to start burning with the disgusting looks I'm getting right now." I say, shuffling my feet under the table.

"Yeah. I hate being in solitary, I'm going stir crazy already but it's better than the alternative."

"Sky forgives you. For leaving." I say, getting down to the point as to why I'm really here.

Elliot doesn't say anything for a while, just stares at me and then he smiles.

"When you get out of here, El. I want to try again. Me, you and Sky, a family."

"You mean that?"

"Yes I mean that. Now you have something to fight for, don't give up El, don't let prison break you."

He smiles from ear to ear - the smile I haven't seen in years. I meant what I said - every word. I'm just not sure how Sky will react when I tell her me and Elliot might get back together.

**Sky's POV**

After mom leaves I get straight to work. After ransacking her bedroom I finally find where she's been keeping my weight loss things. I drag the bag into my room and shove them behind a loose tile in the bathroom.

I look at my reflection in the mirror and staring back I see someone I don't recognise. That innocent girl - the one I was before all of this started - is gone, and staring back at me is a girl who has nothing to lose.

I've tried to recover - tried to shove all the bad things that happened to me into the back of my mind, but they always come back. That's how trauma works - it happens and it breaks you, then it comes back when you least expect it. It eats away at your insides, at every good thing you have in your life and wears it all away. It pushes you into a world where no one can even begin to comprehend the things you've been through. They can't understand unless they have been through it themselves. It's like a disease and it'll come for you in the middle of the night, reminding you of every feeling, every pain, every suffering you felt when it happened. It doesn't go away - not really - it's always there.

I crouch on my bathroom floor, tears streaming down my face. This will always hurt. The trauma will always hurt, it's never going to go away, and there's no way I'm going to be able to live with that.

**I hope you've enjoyed the second book in the Broken series. I am working on a third and final book and it will be published in the coming months**