Chapter Twenty Seven

**Sky's POV**

After weeks of rest I am getting stronger, but the trauma of what has happened to me refuses to get easier. Today I'm going home. Although I am happy, I'm also scared to face everything. On top of that my mom is hiding something. Secret conversations with Amanda, my dad has disappered and she refuses to let me watch the news.

On the car ride home I watch everybody walking past. Everyone going about their day without a care in the world. Kids my own age walking home from school laughing with their friends. I know I'll never be that carefree ever again. I have to live with what happened to me, and because of my own actions I'll never be able to have a child of my own.

When we get home I drop my bags in the hallway and stand there, staring at the wall, unsure of what to do. The only thing I do is cry, my entire body racked with tears.

"Hey, hey, hey." My mom says, guiding me over to the couch. "It's ok."

We sit down and she offers her arms. I let her hug me and I cry into her shoulder.

"Nothing will ever be the same again. Nothing."

"Hey, you have to give yourself chance to breathe. You've been through a terrible ordeal, it's going to take time to heal."

"What if I never heal, Mommy? What if I can't get past everything. I ruined my body, I ruined my chance at having kids, I almost died. All because I couldn't keep a monsters baby inside me."

She doesn't know what to say back so she pulls me further into her chest. I shut my eyes and let the exhaustion wave over me, and it isn't long before I fall asleep.

**********

When I wake up my mom is creeping around in the kitchen. It's starting to get dark, daylight fast disappearing. I don't move right away, not wanting to shatter the illusion that I'm not asleep anymore. After half an hour I sit up, the blanket falling from my legs and onto the floor.

"Baby, you're awake." My mom says, handing me a glass of water. "I have some things I need to discuss with you."

I put the glass on the table but I don't look up. With that tone of voice whatever she wants to talk about isn't good. I hold my breath and wait for her to say it.

"I found all this stuff in your room." She says, pulling over a clear box full of my diet things.

I freeze - not even putting my arms out to grab the box. I don't know what to say, I thought I'd hidden those items so she wouldn't come across them by accident.

"I'm not mad. I just want to understand."

I take the box and lay it on my lap. I take out the items one by one, turning them over in my hands.

"It's a way to forget. When I'm focused on losing weight and getting smaller, I don't have to think about what they did to me anymore."

My mom shuts her eyes like she's trying not to cry. My heart thumps in my chest and it hurts. I never wanted my mom to find out about it, especially like this.

"Do you need help?"

"No mom. I have everything under control, stop worrying."

"You can't control an eating disorder Sky."

"What?!" I yell, standing up. "I don't have an eating disorder!! That isn't what this is, it's just a way to cope with the flashbacks."

I don't bother waiting for her reply before I charge off in the direction of my room, furious.

**Olivia's POV**

I don't go after Sky, deciding it'll be better to let her calm down before I tell her about Elliot. I know what she's doing isn't right, but if it's an eating disorder or the start of one pushing her is not going to help.

As the night wears on Sky doesn't leave her room. Although I am anxious to see what mood she's in, I have to tell her about Elliot, before she finds out from somewhere else.

"Sky." I say, knocking on her door and pushing it open.

I find her sitting on her bed, her legs curled underneath her. She's holding an open book, Harry Potter - her favourite.

"I'm sorry mommy. I didn't mean to lose my temper."

"It's ok. Look, I have something important to tell you. Something I've been putting off for weeks now."

"Ok..." Sky says, her voice shaking.

"A few months ago, after we rescued you from the warehouse, I found Peter at a bar. You already know that's he's dead, and well, it was me who killed him." I say, practically holding my breath.

Sky stares at me like I've grown an extra head, then she looks down, before looking up into my eyes.

"You did that for me?" She asks.

"I couldn't stand how he hurt you and when I had that opportunity, I had to. I'm sorry baby."

"No, stop. Don't be sorry. I'm happy you killed him, I'm glad you did it. But I need you, you can't go to prison."

"Well, that's the next thing I have to tell you. Elliot confessed. I told him about it, about how you needed me. I wasn't trying to get him to do it but Amanda convinced me to let him do this one thing for us."

"Wow. That's such an amazing thing to do. Maybe my dad isn't as bad as I think he is."

"You don't hate me?" I ask her.

"No way. I love you momma." She says before throwing her arms around me.

We stay like that for a long time and then next time I move Sky has fallen asleep.