Chapter Twenty Five

**Olivia's POV**

The relief of Sky's abusers going to prison is overwhelming. Even the fear about anyone finding out about Peter can't take away this. Never in my life did I ever think I'd kill anybody I didn't have to. I've killed people - criminals - but only when there's no other option. I know getting caught isn't an option but the fear is weighing heavily on my mind.

Sky is still asleep. They have kept her sedated since the operation. I can't help but feel relieved. I have no idea how she's going to react when I tell her she won't be able to have babies in the future.

I throw my book down onto the floor, unable to concentrate on the words with everything playing on my mind. I stare at Sky, lying in this hospital bed, and I can't help but think this is my fault, that I didn't do a good enough job as a mother.

A while later there's a knock at the door. They don't wait for an answer before they push open the door.

"Liv, can I come in? Elliot says.

I nod and go back to staring at Sky. When Elliot first came back I was adamant there was no way on this planet I would get back with him. But now I can't help but imagine what that might look like.

"How is she?" He asks, taking the seat opposite me.

"She hasn't woken up yet. I guess Amanda told you about court and about Sky's operation.." I say, gesturing to her sleeping body.

"Yeah, I urm. I'm sorry Liv."

I nod, knowing there's nothing he can say to make me feel any better about the situation.

I burst into tears, unable to contain my emotions any longer.

"Hey, Hey." Elliot says, coming up behind me and putting his hand on my shoulder.

"A witness saw a person walk out of the alley and get into a police car."

"Oh no." He asks, worry lines appearing as he crinkles his forehead.

"I know it's wrong but I'm glad he's dead, so freaking glad. I don't regret driving that knife into his body and watching him die."

"He deserved it, Liv. I don't care what anyone says, but this is bad."

He begins pacing up and down the hospital room, like he's racking his brains for what to do. As I watch him, the feelings that have been building in me topple over and my heart opens to his love.

"I'll fix this, ok?" He says, walking towards the door.

"Where are you going Elliot?"

"Leave it with me, Liv. Don't worry, just focus on Sky."

**Sky's POV**

I know I'm awake because I can hear voices even though I can't understand what they're saying. I try to open my eyes but I cant and I can't lift my arm because it's too heavy.

I lie there, not moving, trying to build up the energy to say something, to move. I hear my mom sit down next to me, and I open my eyes, the eyelids heavy.

"Hey baby, you're awake." She says, holding my hand.

"What happened?" I stutter, the words getting trapped in my throat.

"The pills you took, they made you really poorly." She replies, averting her eyes to the side.

I know she's hiding something but I don't ask what. I am too ashamed of my actions to worry about it right now.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"Don't.." she replies, stroking my hair.

"Why are you not mad?"

"I.. you've been through a lot, it's not your fault."

"What's happened Mom? Seriously, you're acting weird."

She stands up and turns away from me, her hands clasped behind her back. I give her some time, knowing she's psyching herself up for something.

"The pills you took... because they were illegal drugs they did more damage than they'd hoped. The doctors had to take out your womb or you would of died."

"What.. you mean I can't have kids, ever?"

Tears are building in my moms eyes but all I can do is stare at her in shock. Ever since I was a little girl I always used to imagine the day I'd become a mother. I just didn't want a child with the man who abused me.

"I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry."

**Olivia's POV**

Sky stares at me in shock, like I'm the worst person in the world right now. She doesn't cry or yell or scream, she just stares.

After what feels like eternity, she sits up. She precedes to pull out her IV's so fast I don't have time to stop her.

"Sky, Sky you need to calm down. You're sick."

"I DONT CARE." She screams. "I DONT CARE, I don't care, I don't!!!!"

I stand at the edge of the bed, trying to block her from getting up. She's fighting me, hitting me and scratching my arms but I stand my ground. I hold her - I hold her terrified, trembling body as she hits me over and over.

"Let me go."

She kicks her legs and begins thumping my chest. I hold her as tight as I possibly can, trying to make her calm down, trying to make her feel safe. After another 5 minutes of fighting, she begins to calm down and starts to sob. I loosen my grip, and she falls into me, her head burning up and the shaking becoming more intense.

"Ssssh, it's okay baby. It's okay."

When Sky falls asleep, I creep out to inform the nurses about the disconnected wires. They look at me with sympathy and say they will be in in a few minutes.

When they have gone and Sky is all wired up again. I break down into quiet sobs. I only fall asleep when I feel like all my tears have dried up.