Chapter Nineteen.

**Olivia's POV**

The reality of Sky's disappearance is starting to sink in. Knowing she's stormed off upset and now we can't find her makes me sick to my stomach. I know Amanda means well, but I hate having to stay in the apartment in case she comes home. I should be out there looking for her.

I pace up and down the living room - a million scenarios racing through my brain, the seconds feeling like hours.

This can't be happening again, it just can't be. She doesn't deserve any of this - my beautiful baby girl - she never did anything to hurt anyone.

I pick up my phone and check my messages. When there is nothing, I launch the phone. It clatters to the ground - hitting the plant pot on the way down. As soon as I throw it, I rush over and check my messages again.

I slap the palms of my hand against my forehead, before I do the one thing I swore I'd never do again - I dial Elliot's number.

"Liv. I heard about Sky. Are you ok?" He says rushed.

"I need you El. I swear I need you. More than I've ever needed you before."

"I'll be right over." He says before hanging up.

My brain is telling me to stop being so stupid, but my heart can't say no. Elliot has always been my downfall and I am even more vulnerable to it when I am worried about Sky.

Ten minutes later I hear a car pull up outside and the owner jumps out at the speed of light. Then there's a soft knock at my door and I fling myself up to answer it. I throw myself into Elliot's arms and sob into his shoulder.

"Hey, it's ok." He whispers, stroking my hair.

"She's gone again. My little girl is gone." I sob.

Elliot doesn't respond and just continues to stroke my hair and I am thankful for that. There aren't any words that can help me right now.

"I thought I'd solved the problem. Got rid of the pig who started all this, the one responsible for hurting her. But it's happening again. It's happening again Elliot and I'm powerless to stop it." I blurt, not caring about any consequences.

Elliot pulls away from, grips my arms, and stares deep into my eyes.

"Liv, what do you mean you got rid of him."

"The man in charge, Peter. I killed him with my own bare hands."

**Elliot's POV.**

I didn't expect Liv to call me, let alone confess her deepest, darkest secret. I stare at her, not knowing the right words to say. Liv's secret has shocked me to the core and no matter how hard I try - no words leave my lips.

The cogs in my brain whirr as I struggle to process what Liv just told me. My heart thuds in my chest, my hands starting to shake, pressure bearing down on my lungs. I know I have to contain my anger right now, but I want to vomit with disgust after what those pigs did to my daughter. Despite everything, I care about my little girl and the anger at what happened to her lay painfully on my chest.

"Olivia what did you do?" I say, unsure of what I'm supposed to say.

Olivia's tear-stained face changes from sadness to anger in less than 1.5 seconds. Her nostrils flare, her eyes shining with rage.

"You don't get to ask me questions. You're the one who left me, remember?" She yells.

I step back to avoid her flailing arms, but she only moves closer to me.

"What I did, was protect our child. You know, the one you abandoned, the one I brought up as a single mother because her father couldn't face up to his responsibilities."

"Olivia, please. You're upset.." I start.

"Of course I'm damn well upset. My child is out there, scared and alone doing God knows what in her fragile mindset."

Olivia brings her hands down onto my chest and starts to beat me.

"Why did you leave Elliot? I needed you. I needed you so much and you left me."

I push her fists away, trying to pry them away from my chest, but she's too strong, too upset, too angry. And who can blame her?

"Olivia, Olivia, stop," I say, my words getting caught in my throat. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Olivia collapses to the floor, her energy drained. She shoves her face into her hands, sobbing. I bend down to her level and put my hands on hers, holding her shaking body.

"I'm sorry Olivia. I'm so sorry for everything."

She lifts her head to look at me and moves closer. There's not enough time to register what is happening before she kisses me.