Chapter Seven

*Sky's POV*
I hold the pregnancy test out in front of me, the two lines staring back at me with vengeance in their eyes.

An urgent knock sounds at the door.

"Sky, are you ok?" Amanda says.

Shit.

"I'm coming."

I conceal the pregnancy test in the trash can, burying it underneath a ton of rubbish. I reach for the door with shaking hands, fighting the tears building in my eyes.

I open the door and Amanda is standing against the wall.

"Are you ok? You look like you've been crying." Amanda asks, concern in her eyes.

I shrug my shoulders and wander down the stairs, the weight of my secret hanging heavy on my chest.

****

It's been 3 days since I found out the news and so far I'd not told a soul. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it to myself forever. After all the child inside me would grow and grow and soon my stomach would give away my secret.

The thought of telling anyone terrifies me. But the more time that passes the more desperate I feel and I know I'm losing control.

I get up from my bed and listen at the door to check my mom isn't outside. When I'm sure she's not there I pull out a purple glitter notebook. I flick over the pages before grabbing a pen and scribbling down today's intake;

*Toast with butter - 220 calories*

*Apple - 78 calories*

*Half a chicken sandwich with mayo - 112 calories*

*Pear - 85 calories*

*Diet ready meal mac cheese - 304 calories*

*Chocolate bar - 228 calories*

*Total - 1027 calories*

I stare in disgust. I know I have to keep up appearances so no one notices whats going on but the amount of food I'm eating makes me sick.

I've never been so scared in all my life. Everything is spiralling out of my control and there isn't a damned thing I can do about it.

**Olivia's POV**

I say goodbye to Sky and head towards the other side of the city. Me and Finn are dropping in on Charlotte's mom and I wasn't looking forward to it. The last time I'd made the trip her daughter was still alive, traumatised but breathing.

"Do you think it was suicide or something more?" Finn asks as we drive towards our destination.

"I don't know Finn. Something feels wrong about it but I don't know what."

We spend the rest of the drive sitting in silence. I can't get the thoughts of how weird Sky has been acting off my mind. I know shes been through a traumatic experience, but as her mother, I know something else is going on. I'd learnt the hard way not to suffocate her, so I have to wait until she comes to me or I risk pushing her further away.

As we pull up in Charlotte's driveway, I see her mother Maria sat in a rocking chair, staring out the window.

We spend the next hour asking Maria questions about her daughter's mindset and how she'd been acting. She isn't much help but she's grieving so we don't push her too hard.

When I get home later in the evening I cry in the shower. The pain in Maria's eyes reminded me of the pain and fear of watching Sky suffer. The thought of my little girl taking her own life shattered my heart and left the jagged pieces slicing into my chest.