Chapter Eighteen

**Sky's POV**

I run around in a daze. I can't keep this thing inside me any longer, I have to get rid of it.

When I look up I'm in a part of the city my mom told me never to go. I see why as drunk men and woman are stumbling all over the place.

I half run, half limp down the road, my head spinning. I notice the girls staring at me, their eyes goggling at me out of car windows, but I don't care. I don't care if I live or die in this moment, everything is going wrong and I don't know how I'm going to get myself out of it.

My phone is vibrating in my pocket. I know it's Amanda without having to look and by now, my mom will probably know everything. I ignore it. I can't stand the disappointment I can see in their eyes every time I close my own. All I ever want is to be the perfect daughter, the perfect child so my mom never has to worry about me. I messed that up the day I got in that car with Harriet.

I hear a faint voice in the background, a woman's voice.

"Hello.. hello are you ok?"

The world rushes back to me all at once and I fall to my knees. The woman whose voice I heard grabs my arm and helps me to my feet.

"Are you ok? You shouldn't be here, it's not safe. It's not a place for kids."

I stare at her blanky. She is wearing her hair back in two Dutch braids, and her body is barely covered in a revealing outfit and red high heels.

"Can you hear me?" She says, looking into my eyes.

"I.. I don't know where I am." I stutter, tears pouring from my eyes.

The woman looks at me, a sympathetic look on her face. She gazes around her before pulling me into an alleyway, and through a door on the left. I hear the boom boom boom of music, so loud it vibrates the floor. The woman pulls me into an empty room and closes the door, the music quieting enough for me to hear her speak.

"You need to get out of here sweet. It's not safe." The woman says, looking around.

"I can't go home. I can't. I have to get rid of this thing inside me." I say, sobbing.

"Wait, aren't you that girl from the news. The one who was kept in a warehouse? The woman asks, taking my hands in hers.

I look up at her, pleading with my eyes. "Please, you have to help me. I'll do anything."

The woman stares at me for a couple of minutes, like she's trying to decide what to do. Then she lets go of my hands and spins around, shaking her head back and forth.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Like completely and utterly sure? Because once it's done, it's over. There's no going back."

"I'm sure, I'm so sure. Please. You saw those men on the news, I can't bring anything into this world related to them."

The woman turns back around and picks her bag up from underneath the table.

"I know a place. But you can't tell anyone about this, about me or that I sent you there. Got it?"

I nod and follow her out of the building, the music fading away into the background the further we get away.

The woman leads me down several alleyways until she comes to a stop in front of a red, scratched door. She knocks and waits for someone to answer. She's agitated, constantly looking down the alley to check no-one has followed. A couple of seconds later, a woman around 50 years old opens the door. She's chewing on something, her fingernails grubby and bitten. She smiles, her mouth curving into a creepy smile when she sees me standing there.

"I have another one for you." The woman's says.

"Thank you Madzie." The woman at the door replies.

Madzie squeezes my shoulder. "Good luck."

She disappears back down the alleyway and the woman pulls me into the house. She looks in all directions before locking the door behind her.

"Have you got the money?" The woman says, opening and closing doors in her kitchen

"Money?" I say, starting to panic.

"I don't do this for free you know. It's risky business." The woman says, irritated.

She grabs my arm and turns my wrist over in her palms.

"I'll take this bracelet as payment." She says, smiling.

I stare down at the silver bracelet that's been on my wrist for so long I'd almost forgotten it existed. My mom gave it to me on my 8th birthday and it meant so much to me. A tear escapes my eye before I unclasp it and hand it to the woman.

She tosses it onto the kitchen counter before handing me a plastic cup of water and 4 pills.

"The pills will make you feel woosy after a while and the abortion will be complete in about 4 days." the woman says.

I put the pills in my mouth and swallow them down with some water. I guess there's no going back now.