Chapter Twenty.

**Skys POV**

When I wake up I can't see anything, I pat the ground next to me and I can feel the damp like it's trying to seep through my skin. My eyes refuse to open all the way and everything I can see is blurry. I make out two figures leaning over me but I don't have the vision to figure out who they are. They're arguing about something, and they haven't noticed I'm awake. I know I need to take the opportunity to try to escape.

I shuffle to the left, trying to force my eyes to focus on my surroundings. I move my hands and when I realise they aren't bound like I expected them to be, I breathe a sigh of relief.

Just as I'm making progress, a foot comes crashing down onto my hand. My bones crack, the pain radiating up my wrist and into my elbow. I scream.

I expect the strangers to yell at me, to tell me to be quiet but they say nothing. The woman stares at me, her face coming into focus. Her eyes are big and round, her pupils tiny, her lips cracked and dry. She's wearing nothing more than a rag, her skin plastered in dirt. She tilts her head at me like a dog and smiles, running her fingers up my arm. I shudder.

I back away, using my arms to peddle me backwards, like it'll save me from whatever is about to happen. Every dangerous scenario runs through my head like a derailing train. I cannot believe I've gotten myself into this situation, again.

The man steps forward. He's dirtier than the woman and he has a large scar that begins under his right eye and ends at his neck. The man nods to the woman, they smile and they each grab one of my arms.

I fight, even though I know my battle is futile and I'm just wasting energy. They drag me into what looks like an abandoned warehouse.

My stomach jolts. It twists and turns, and rolls over and over like a rollercoaster ride.

The weird couple are standing over the other side of the room, pointing and laughing at me. I can't figure them out and it's impossible to tell if they mean any harm. They don't seem to know what they're doing and they sound like they're speaking in their own made up language. I wish I could figure out what they're saying, what they're going to do with me.

I clutch my hands to my stomach as another unbearable shooting pain radiates through me. I know I'm bleeding, because I can feel it pooling in my leggings. This is karma, I think, for getting rid of my unborn child. God is punishing me.

Keeping my eyes focused on the couple, I start to crawl towards the way they brought me in. I don't know why I'm bothering, I'm in too much pain to run if they spot me. And they will catch me, they always do.

The pain in my stomach erupts again and even though I can see what's about to happen, I am powerless to stop it. My eyes blur, my heart racing, a cold shiver running down my spine. Try as I might I know I cannot stop what's coming. Tears grow in my eyes before everything goes black.