xxiv

n a m j o o n   f o c u s

It's been a while.

It's been a while since I seriously considered the possibility.

It's been a while since I met someone who made me doubt myself.

The last person was Seokjin. And look how that turned out. He has a wife. And she's pregnant. And he works at my office. And from what Jimin has told me, his wife is quite beautiful. She's also his secretary. (Jimin's secretary. Not Seokjin's.)

Why?

Why do I do this to myself?

It always happens. I dissect my insecurities by myself. I don't know why. I tell myself I don't like boys. I like to lie to myself. I mean, it's not like my family would reject me. Not at this day and age, anyway. And I don't have many close friends to begin with. So in terms of rejection, I shouldn't have any problem.

And I'm not sure it's possible to be gay and homophobic. 

It's like being racist to yourself.

It makes no sense.

But...

It's just hard to say it out loud.

I'm just... I'm just wondering if he also feels the same. Y'know? I'm wondering if he feels that same spark when our eyes lock. I'm wondering if he ever looks at me and feels his heart burst and combust. I'm wondering if he also fears that when we get out of here... we'll stop talking. And just because of that... Just because of that I'm...

Wondering, wondering, wondering whether I should confess my feelings for him.