x

n a m j o o n    f o c u s

As my fingers scrolled through my Spotify playlist, looking for a fitting tune, my finger accidentally pressed down on possibly the most embarrassing song possible: Peek-A-Boo.

My cheeks flushed the reddest shade as my mouth hung open, my eyes the size of saucers since I couldn't believe the irony of the situation. I literally just told him I wasn't gay when I have one of the gayest songs for a male to hear in my playlist. I quickly shut off the tune and changed it to yet another Red Velvet song, cursing my existence moments after.

At that point, I had given up, shutting off the melody completely instead of just changing the song. I heard a small whimper of disappointment when I turned it off. I turned towards Jimin's direction. His cheeks were pink, he licked his lips before telling me something I would've never thought he would say, "C-Can you go back to that? I-I really like that song...", He said shyly, fiddling with his clothed fingers.

And so, at that moment, I played the song back, not saying a word. Though, the truth is; nothing needed to be said. The atmosphere had changed from a tense and quiet one, to one of a giddy environment as we both hummed along to the chorus, the blonde's hips swaying to the music.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all.