xiii

j i m i n f o c u s

"Why were you in such a hurry when you got in the elevator?", I asked as I sat on the various layers of paper tissues, my knees against my chest as my head rested atop them. I was genuinely curious as to why he was in such a chase, but the question was also to dissolve the awkward atmosphere and create some sort of conversation.

We were around 40 minutes into the elevator ride and, although we had gotten to know each other rather well, the tense environment still remained.

"Shit-", He whispered, then continuing his sentence, "About that; my secretary is gonna fucking kill me..", He finished in disappointment.

"What? Why would she do that?", I questioned, confusion laced into my voice as I wondered who was the boss in their relationship.

" 'Cause I was supposed to have a meeting right before we got stuck in this mess...", He said, laying his head back against the wall with a sigh.

"Oh.", I said simply, taking a second to glance at our surroundings and noticing the varnished walls, marble floors, and wooden details engraved in the machine giving it a vintage look, much like the place we worked at. I guess Namjoon noticed my wander since he mimicked my position, head turning towards me and smiling, his dimples piercing his cheeks.

"What a pretty design, huh, Jiminie?", He said softly, causing me to startle and turn around, my eyes finding his in a moment of silence. I bit my plump lip and looked away moments after since I felt that I was getting too lost in his gaze.

We're almost an hour into this situation and, although I'd rather not admit, I think I'm getting fond of Namjoon.