14 • The Heir is Getting Somewhere

T h e  H e i r  i s  G e t t i n g  S o m e w h e r e
2 n d  P O V
7 / 1 8 / 1 9
• • •

So, things happened . . .

Bumblebee and Bulkhead discovered a transmission from Megatron to his secret agent on Cybertron. You'd done your best to inform the Magnus of all you knew, though it wasn't much. All you'd known was that there was an agent, but you had a feeling it wasn't Wasp.

As for what happened today, well . . .

"Meltdown's escaped?!" Bumblebee exclaimed. He sat on the couch in front of the giant flat screen TV. "No way!"

"Who's Meltdown?" You whispered into Optimus' audio. You had a servo on his shoulder that was more for your comfort than his. You stood behind him, pressed close enough to feel his warmth, but not his armor.

"He tried to kill Professor Sumdac and Sari awhile ago," Optimus whispered back. He had turned his helm to talk to you, and found himself glancing at your lips. He flushed a deep pink and immediately looked away.

"Oh," was your quiet answer.

Optimus vented silently. Ever since that night where his derma had nearly met yours, he couldn't stop thinking about it. He wondered how your lips felt. The Prime banished it all from his processor. Now wasn't the time to think about such things.

"We were just talking with him! Why'd he get out now?!" Sari questioned. She stood in front of Bee's pedes. The team surrounded the couch.

"He does have quite a thing for your family," the yellow mech commented.

"Bumblebee, for once in your life, can't you keep quiet?" Prowl said beside the TV, the remote in his servo. His arms were crossed.

"I can keep quiet anyplace, anytime!" Prowl walked over to his spot, and the two proceeded to make a bet on Bee staying quiet for ten cycles. You could already tell who would win.

"Look at this," Prowl drew attention back to the security tape onscreen, "if I just increase the resolution . . . There." The dinobots appeared as clear as day.

"What? Dinobots?" You were sure the Prime did a double take as he spoke. "But they despise Meltdown! What could have possibly possessed them to spring him?"

"A get out of jail free card?" Bee suggested, springing up from the couch.

Prowl sighed. "Not even half a cycle." You couldn't help but giggle at that. Optimus turned his helm to smile at you. Your happiness made his spark flutter.

"We'll need to look into this. Prowl, you know Dinobot island like the back of your servos. You and Bumblebee-," he glanced over at you, who had pleading "puppy eyes" as Sari called them. He sighed, a smile poking at the corners of his derma again. "-And Y/N, will join me. Transform and roll out!"

• • •

The three of you transformed and your pedes hit the dirt of Dinobots island. You had flown as low to the ground as possible to not draw any unwanted attention. Optimus rounded a thick tree, crouching down, and you, Bee, and Prowl stood close behind.

You'd wanted to meet the dinobots yourself ever since the Bits told you about them, but this wasn't how you thought it'd be.