16 • The Heir Can't Catch a Break

T h e  H e i r  C a n ' t  C a t c h  a  B r e a k
2 n d  P O V
8 / 1 3 / 1 9
• • •

"Wait, so let me get this straight," Optimus said to Blurr, "you're an Autobot intelligence officer, and you found Megatron's hideout."

Blurr nodded with a smirk to his audience, including you and everyone except Bulkhead. The blue speedster spoke fast, and you could feel yourself getting stressed out just trying to understand. Your angel-style wings drooped. You were holding onto Prime's arm as you stood close to his side. You were squeezing it a bit, and Optimus rested his servo over yours momentarily for comfort.

Oh, if only this whole thing could've come at another time! Optimus and you had become so much closer over the last while. You actually thought the two of you might get around to doing something about your feelings, but your sire just had to throw a wrench into things. A really big wrench.

Blurr then mentioned something about Isaac Sumdac being a Decepticon prisoner and helping build them a space bridge. Blurr had intercepted a communication with Megatron, mentioning a plot to kidnap Bulkhead, and Bulkhead being Cybertron's top space bridge scientist.

"Woah woah woah, back up!" Interjected Bumblebee.

"Did he just say Bulkhead?" Asked Prowl.

   "Our Bulkhead?" Optimus asked.

"An expert? On anything?" Ratchet scoffed.

   "Yes," the intelligence officer stressed. He ranted a bit about how he would've been able to stop it if it hadn't been for a certain someone.

   "How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?!" Bee threw his servos in the air. "Man! Talk about beating a dead spark plug! Besides, if you had just told us who you were from the start, none of this would've happened!"

   You sighed and released your hold on Optimus. This day would only get worse. You wrapped your arms around yourself.

   "That doesn't matter right now, all that matters is rescuing Bulkhead," The Prime said firmly. "Ratchet, Head for the ship and try to get him back online one more time." The medic nodded. "Take Sari and the AllSpark fragments with you and keep them safe. Y/N-"

   "I'm going with him?" You guessed.

   Optimus nodded. "The last thing we need is your sire trying to take you away again. Help Ratchet where you can."

   "Yes sir." The mech has clear worry in his optics as he looked at you. You'd be fine, he told himself. You and Sari would be safe and kept well by Ratchet.

   "The rest of you are with me!" Optimus announced. "Autobots, prepare to-"

   "Wait!" Sari ran up to him. "You guys don't really think my dad is working for Megatron, do you?!"

   "We don't really know what to believe, Sari," you said quietly, nervously. You tapped your digits and pressed your dermas together.

   "Just promise me you guys'll bring him back alive!"

   ". . . I promise," Optimus said.