4 • The Broken Heir

T h e  B r o k e n  H e i r
2 n d  P O V
1 / 2 4 / 1 9
• • •
A/N: Happy belated New Year! Sorry for the wait. I've been a sucker for TFP Jack turns into a Cybertronian fanfiction and I'm disappointed that there's not enough well-written pieces with this premise. Whether it's Jack x Arcee or Megatron becoming Jack's dad, I. Need. More. Anyways . . .
• • •

"Autobots, spread out! We have to find Y/N and return them to Ultra Magnus!" Optimus Prime ordered through his comm. He was in his truck mode. Branches cracked under his wheels as he swiftly drove through the bumpy pathways of the forest. The young Prime kept his optic and audio sensors peeled for any hint of you.

.::Why?!::. Argued Bumblebee, clearly annoyed. .::So Sentinel can let them get away again? So we can stare into the optics of the offspring of evil itself as they plan to kill us all?!::.

.::I'm surprised you even know what 'offspring' means.::. Prowl muttered.

.::Hey!::.

.::This isn't up for debate, Bumblebee!::. Optimus scolded the mech. .::If anything happens, make sure to notify me.::. He closed his comm and focused on the organic environment. Minutes later, the mech came to a screeching halt, certain that he was closer to locating you. Optimus trudged into the trees and dense foliage, careful to not harm any animals in his path.

Despite the overwhelming opinions of the bots around him, the Prime couldn't help but think there was more to you than meets the eye. The mech almost felt guilty for holding such an opinion. If anyone knew, they would likely gape at him and demand to know why.

Optimus continued to make his way through the woods. He squeezed through trees and nearly tripped over a mossy log. Branches scraped his armor. He pushed some out of the way so they wouldn't smack his face, only unsuccessful a small fraction of the time. Dried leaves crunched under his pedes. He took out his axe and activated it just in case.

The Prime wandered into his memories and looked back on your behavior. You looked tired. Not the expected rebellious or arrogance, just tired. The shadows under your optics, your slouched posture, the way you'd been curled into a ball as they entered. You didn't argue with, complain about, or insult anyone the entire time. Your angel-styled wings had spread themselves out onto the floor like a cascading ball gown. Your vision had been hardened and trained to the floor in what he interpreted as fearful. You acted like you'd turn to stone if you met their gazes.

When it came to Decepticons like Blitzwing or Lugnut, they wouldn't keep quiet. Whether they were rambling on about the glory of Megatron, complaining about how a prison cell wasn't much of a luxury, or roasting an Autobot, there was always something. With you? No maniacal laughter. No air of defiance or determination. No defense for your sire after he'd been insulted in front of you. Not even a roll of the optics!

Optimus found it rather strange that nobody had noticed, or at least pointed it out. Maybe Prowl would've, but he'd been too busy guarding one of the doorways along with the rest of the team. Sentinel wasn't too perceptive as it was. Ultra Magnus, unfortunately, had a tendency to be the same sometimes.

Optimus froze in place as if Blitzwing had covered him in ice. The scurrying of an animal rang through his audios. Then, there it was! A whimper, followed by a pained gasp. The breaking of a tree limb, a startled shriek, and then the thump of the limb hitting the ground in rapid succession.