23- What are we?

Day 3

You do like him.

You guys suit.

You should actually go out.

The words kept running around my head as I took my morning shower. I don't like him do I? I thought I liked Ryan....I still do...Why would I like Callum. Sure he's a great guy. He's one of my favourite guy friends at the moment. I moaned again in frustration as I cleaned my face.

"Are you having sex in there or something?" One girl asked from the shower next door.

"What the hell no." I laughed as I grabbed my towel.

"Hmm you sure Callum isn't in there with you?" The girl joked.

"Yes I'm sure!" I said as I gathered my shower stuff.

"Do you like him?" She asked.

"No." I said as I opened the bathroom door to leave.

The truth was that I wasn't sure. I wasn't sure if I liked him or not. I knew from past experience not to keep denying my feelings, so what if I did? Then what? Does he like me? Or does he just see me as a friend? I have had guy friends before, but not like this. They didn't talk or like hanging out with me this much. I have also never had a guy like me before.

As I marched with the rest of the girls to the mess hall for breakfast, I saw the boys approaching from down the road. It ended up turning into a race. The guy marching the boys, made them go faster where as the girl marching us made us lightly jog. Until both the girls and boys had ended up colliding at the end of the two interlocking roads.

"Hay." I said to Callum as I sat down next to him in the mess hall.

"Hi" He said whilst cutting a sausage.

"Whats up?" I asked as people started to look at us.

I couldn't help but smile, everyone was giving us looks. I didn't really like the attention, but I forgot about everyone else after a while. We spoke a bit during breakfast, but I didn't get to see him much after. We had marched separately in gender back to our billets for the five minutes, before going to our activities.

We took the coach to the hill and beach area, which was just for the army. Sweet! We did a range of activities; we weren't in the same group so that gave me time to think. Did I like him?

Maybe I did like him a little.

It wasn't a bad thing as such; in fact it was a good thing. I had a potential boyfriend, and I could now also get over Ryan. In fact I think I am getting over Ryan.

OMG I'M GETTING OVER RYAN!

Ahhh I didn't even notice, it seems as soon as I told my mum I got over him. Normally when I tell the actually guy I like him I get over him two days later. It's a strange reason to tell a guy, but it always gets me over them within a few days.

We had done a few patrolling activities for about two and a half hours, then we had lunch. I had sat down next to Callum at lunch. There were other people around us, but I knew that they deliberately weren't talking to us. They wanted to give us 'couple time' it was kind of annoying.

We were constantly having people ask us if we went out, or liked each other. I kept saying 'no we don't' I still hadn't really noticed that I was always the one doing all the answering. We had spoken quite a bit that lunch, but we included people in our conversations more. People started to treat us normally again.

I thought that maybe the craze was over and that people finally realised that there wasn't anything going on between us.

Until the had crush started, and I realized that I was actually starting to like Callum, but did he like me? He kind of of acted like he did, but I wasn't going to take any chances, he had to make the first move.