Sins of Our Pasts

A/N; This is it. The big confrontation between Morgan and 'her parents'. I recommend that you not be eating nor drinking anything when you read this. You might choke. This is unedited! Deuces!✌🏾

_____________

Morgan...

I stared back at the two people that gave me life. All I could seem to muster was resentment towards them. I did not want to feel this way. No child ever wants their relationship with their parents to be one filled with resentment.

Yet, I had to be one of the unfortunate souls to have just that. I wordlessly gestured for them to come inside.

'You never give your back to the enemy', my subconscious whispered to me.

I did want to think such thoughts. They are the very reason why I even exist. However, my subconscious was never as forgiving as I made myself out to be.

"Where's my grandson? I don't see him", called Sharlene as she angrily strides pass me inside with Terrance in tow at her heels.

I bit my tongue to giving a smartass retort

I bit my tongue to giving a smartass retort. I have been working on myself for the past two months and I have made progress. Progress I hope to keep. Church has truly been a clutch for me during these trying times in my life. Which is why I will try to hold onto my teachings for as long as I can.

"Please, have a seat", I responded ignoring her prior comment.

She scoffed folding her arms across her chest. Her eyes were set into a vicious glare as she stared into my eyes. I was not affected anymore by her gaze. I have become more accustomed to her gaze more than anything.

I often found myself on the receiving end of it throughout my life. It was as if her casting a look upon me such as this was second nature to her.

"Where is my grandson?", she demanded.

"Mrs. Matthews, please have a seat", I said stressing her name.

I was quickly becoming irritated.

"Honey, lets just have a seat for moment then you can meet the baby, okay ?", Terrance said to her in one of his usual attempts of pacifying his wife.