Episode 9.1

(Previously: Vecto is about to kill Streamline when Crysilis appears, freezing time.)

Crysilis slowly shifted through frozen time. A time bubble surrounded him and Vecto and Streamline, freezing molecules in place-and yet another bubble of energy surrounded Crysilis, keeping him in real-time, allowing him to filter through suspended motion. It was a difficult task to stop time, an ability he fortunately was granted from the Gateway, but Crysilis made it look effortless.

He first walked to Streamline, noticing Vecto's blast was uncomfortably close to Streamline's face. No problem, though. Crysilis reached his hand out, sliding it between Streamline's face and the blast. Space began to crystallize from his fingertips, forming a dimensional rift between the two. Crysilis patiently moved his hand over the entire radius of the beam, slowly scratching through time and space to create a barricade in between. When done, and he felt satisfied, he glanced at Streamline's hand, noticing the bomb in his grasp. It was a photon detonator, with the on-switch activated.

Crysilis shook his head at Streamline's sacrificial trump card, wondering how the conflict had grown so immense. He placed his palm out at the device and formed blue energy around it, careful to keep the energy from Streamline's hand. When the device was put in real-time, Crysilis quickly shut it off, relieved it hadn't exploded. He removed the bomb from Streamline's grasp and attached it to his own side.

One down, another to go. Crysilis now turned his attention to Vecto. It appeared that Streamline had done quite a bit of damage to Vecto's body. Vecto's chest had been pried open-which made it all the easier for Crysilis. Using the same technique as before, he reached into Vecto's chest and began scratching through time. He glided his hand around the orb as if caressing it, surrounding it with a crystallized appearance. He sharpened his focus, leaning closer, this time transposing the orb partially into another dimension.

Now to retrieve it. Crysilis steadied his hands and carefully formed energy around the orb, allowing it to be part in real-time, so he could move it, yet still trapped halfway into another dimension, so Vecto himself couldn't move.

Brilliant, Crysilis thought. His risky plan had worked after all. Steadily, Crysilis removed the Flummox Capacitor from Vecto's chest. He looked at Vecto's body, pleased at his accomplishment, but then an object in the sky caught his eye. Far in the distance was a nuclear warhead hanging just out from a cloud. Not good. Although the missile seemed far away and frozen, it wasn't within his time bubble.

(Can Crysilis stop the nuclear missile in time? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)