Episode 3.2

(Previously: Chais leaves Streamline a ransom note that contains a news video blaming Streamline for attempted bank robbery. A new video reveals that Streamline and Vecto are sought after concerning the deaths of the SS6 Formation.) 

Streamline shut the Nexus screen off and threw the card aside. "Great-just great! What are we gonna do now?" 

"At least I'm out of the picture!" Crysilis said. 

Streamline narrowed his eyes. "Just shut up, will ya?" He sat down on the rooftop. "How would you like it if your weapon was stolen and you were the one made out to be a criminal?" 

Crysilis paused. He had never really cared much about his weapons, but he thought it best to keep quiet. He knew Streamline missed his Omega Blaster. Streamline had his head lowered, looking over his Turbo Blaster for scratches with the help of a little light from his helmet. 

Crysilis let Streamline sulk and wandered to the edge of the roof. He doubted the kid thief could have captured Vecto, so it was only logical to assume that Vecto had willingly gone with him. Perhaps Vecto had a better lead to finding Morphaal. And since Vecto had disconnected his transmission link, they couldn't follow him. Of course, neither could the Acaterran government. All the same, separating the team, when they were supposed to go to Azmeck's condominium to ask about Zendora, was irresponsible of him. The old Vecto wouldn't have done it, Crysilis thought. 

They have a mission to find Morphaal, and it was important that they remained a team, especially when distractions led them astray. Perhaps they were chasing after false leads. If so, he feared that Vecto would further distance himself from others, trusting no one. He could pick the wrong battles and take a detour that leads him on the wrong path. He had to find Vecto and keep an eye on him, he thought. 

Sighing, he looked around the fake moonlit sky, wondering where Vecto had gotten to. In the distance, a small flying orb caught his eye. Below the orb, a rifle was suspended. 

Crysilis did a double-take. "Hey, Streamline! I found your gun!" he yelled, hardly believing his eyes. 

"Don't be mess'n with me!" Streamline said with his head low. 

"I'm not kidding! Look!" 

Streamline gradually stood and dragged his way over to him. Sure enough, his Omega Blaster was hovering in the air, wobbling toward them. The orb swung above them and dropped the rifle. Before it landed, Streamline leaped forward, grabbed the strap, and rolled to his feet. 

Crysilis looked over to see Streamline inspecting the rifle and shook his head. He returned his attention to the orb. 

"Where's your master?" Crysilis asked the device. 

"He is detected approximately 14 miles from here, westbound," a squeaky robotic voice responded. 

"West? But that's toward the abandoned factory," Crysilis said. He glanced back at Streamline, who was still examining his gun. "Come on, Stream. We'll have to go to Azmeck's later. If the military gets ahold of Vecto, they'll . . ." He paused and couldn't think of an answer. 

Streamline stood, twirling his Omega Blaster. "I'm more worried about them," he said, echoing Crysilis' thoughts. 

(Is Vecto headed for a trap? If so, what will happen to those trying to contain him? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)