Episode 6.1

(Previously: Crysilis tries to knock some sense into Vecto, but Vecto demands to know where Morphaal went. His servant Azul tells him that Morphaal and Sable left for the SS6 training base and wants Vecto to come alone. Knowing it may be a trap, Vecto leaves anyway.) 

Two soldiers stared at the desert land spanning miles from the front entrance of the SS6 training base. One of them, a tall, thin, light-skinned cadet, leaned against a wall and broke the silence. "You know the guy on the news? The one who robbed a bank?"  

The other-a buff, bald-headed, dark-skinned commander who was training the other-spat on the dirt surface. "You mean Streamline?" 

"Yeah, that Alpha Squad guy. You know he's the one who busted my nose." Tim pointed to his nose bandage. "We had a good fight, swingin' left and right. I got a few hits in, but he caught me off guard with the nose shot and got away." 

"Really?" Brail was curious. 

"Yeah, absolutely. Scout's honor, man." 

"No kiddin'?" 

Tim nodded and laughed. "Yep, I put up such a good fight, I was transferred here from the police force." He laughed again and looked out at the seemingly endless sand. To think there used to be a city here. At least the nuclear bomb had made an ideal spot to build this SS6 base, he thought. He watched the haze from the heat, but a glare caught his eye. There was a figure walking in the heat waves, barely visible, with items hovering around him. 

"That's strange," Tim said. 

"Hmm?" Brail donned his helmet, slid down his visor, and zoomed in to get a better view. Tim did the same. 

They scanned the being, first seeing his floating arms and legs, then noticing his chest with an orb visible inside-he was some kind of robot. They focused on the items surrounding him and soon realized they were sniper rifles, rocket and missile launchers, chain guns, shotguns and other weaponry. This was the one they had been warned about: Vecto! 

"Oh no, oh no, not him!" Tim quivered. "I can't believe it. It's Vecto! It's Vecto!" 

"Full alert!" Brail yelled to his wristcom. "We need a complete lockdown! All hands to their stations. Vecto Botland has been spotted. This is not a drill. Repeat. It's Vecto Bot, gentlemen! All hands to their stations! And get that shield up!" 

"I-I, what are we going to do?" Tim asked hesitantly. 

Brail punched him in the nose. "Ready your weapons, soldier! It's war!" 

(Now that Vecto has arrived at the SS6 training base, do the SS6 trainees stand a chance? Will their sheer numbers and heavy artillery give them the upper hand? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)