Episode 8.7

(Previously: Streamline rips open Vecto's chest and blasts his orb, but Vecto survives and blasts Streamline in the head.)

Streamline's body flung off the building as smoke rose from holes in Vecto's body. Vecto stood, scanning the area for Streamline. It appeared that he was clinging to the side of the building.

"Vecto!" Streamline yelled as his Omega Blaster and pistol fell from his grasp. His jetpack was damaged and wouldn't work.

Vecto sauntered over to him and reached out. He grabbed Streamline's arm and slung him away, watching his body zip through buildings. Vecto's flame boosters ignited, sending him in pursuit. When he reached him, Streamline's body was dug into the ground, up against the military complex barricade on the east side.

Streamline's head was lowered, wobbling, his face visible from gaps in his damaged helmet. His armor was in shreds. Blood trickled down his exposed arms. Slowly, he grabbed the rest of his helmet and yanked it off, tossing it aside. He was still alive, thanks to his impact-absorbent armor, but he was in no condition to fight. He tried to focus his eyesight as his head bobbled, seeing the blurred figure of Vecto's shattered body-what was left of it, anyway-advancing toward him.

Vecto walked leisurely; the pulsating magnetic plates holding his body together were failing, but he continued toward Streamline, his gun charging-ready to finish the job.

Streamline laughed and coughed up blood. "You know what? I suffered this scar from fighting a friend like you," Streamline said, pointing to the long mark on his face. "I was a military buff at the time, on my homeworld. I was in my twenties and shared rank with him."

Vecto continued to charge his gun.

"He was a friend I respected, trusted . . . and, well, I soon fell in love with his sister and married her. I become brothers with him."

Vecto nodded for him to continue, letting him get his last words.

"All was well until I hit my wife," Streamline admitted. "I did it out of rage and instantly felt bad for it. But the damage was done. My brother-in-law began to detest me for that, understandably . . . and to make matters worse, I was promoted as his superior." Streamline wiped sweat and blood from his forehead and continued. "He loathed the fact that he now had to take commands from me. My wife and I had patched things up, but her brother sought to separate us and sought to discharge me from the military, spreading lies to other soldiers . . . So I had no choice but to demote him. I complied with regulation."

Vecto kept his blaster pointed at Streamline.

"It drove him to the edge." Streamline shook his head.

(Why is Streamline revealing his past to Vecto? Is it so he can die peacefully or does he have a message for Vecto? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)