Episode 4.9

(Previously: Leroy traps Vecto with his chi, but Vecto had scattered teleportation disks on the ground that Vecto can use to fire at Leroy. The match ends with a draw, which means Vecto must have brunch with Leroy, and Leroy must tell Vecto about Zendora.) 

Crysilis and Streamline sat at a dinner table. The Asian-looking kid sat beside them, back straight, hands resting on his lap. A sheepdog spun in circles and barked as Jebadiah, wearing an apron over his Amish outfit, cooked food in the same room. 

"So, uh, are you sure Vecto and Leroy will be here?" Crysilis asked. 

The kid nodded. 

"Don't matter to me. We get to eat!" Streamline said, resting his arms on the table with a wooden fork in his hand. 

"And how are you going to eat with your helmet on?" Crysilis asked, looking at Streamline's decrepit, rusty-brown armor. 

"Same to you," Streamline cut back. 

Crysilis paused to think about it. His cybernetic body didn't need food since it had its own power source, and he hasn't removed his helmet in years. He diverted his attention back to the kid. "What's your name?" 

"Feit," the young man said and slightly bowed his head. 

"Oh, well, that's a nice name." Crysilis nodded. "What do you do around here?" 

"I train under Master Leroy Johnson in the arts." 

"You draw?" Crysilis asked. 

Feit narrowed his eyes. "No, I study martial arts. Mr. Johnson is quite the expert." 

"Food's ready!" Jebadiah said. He tossed steaks in the air, catching them with plates. He slid over-easy eggs beside the entrées and first served the guests, then Feit. He broke off pieces of a loaf of bread and placed them on the dishware. He adeptly readied Vecto and Leroy's plates and placed them on the table by their empty wooden chairs. As he poured orange juice into their cups, his right eye caught Streamline picking up the bread. 

He snatched it from him. 

"We'll wait on the master, first," he said and placed the bread back on his plate. He then heard the screen door open. "Ah, there he is." 

Leroy walked in the kitchen with new overalls and a faded shirt, wearing another straw hat. Following him was Vecto. Vecto ducked under the door. 

"Crysilis? Streamline?" he said, glancing their way. 

"Oh, good, so you're both alive!" Crysilis was relieved. "I thought you two would've killed each other!" 

"It is fine now," Vecto said, nodding at Feit. 

Leroy looked at the two new guests. "Well, I'll be! We got some more company," he said and reached out his hand to shake Crysilis'. "Howdy! I'm Leroy Johnson." 

Crysilis cautiously raised his hand, knowing that Leroy had never really seen him before. 

Leroy snatched it, shaking it wildly. He did the same to Streamline and pulled his chair out, flopping down in it. But he noticed Vecto was still standing. 

"Well, don't be shy. Take a load off yer feet." Leroy motioned for Vecto to sit. 

Vecto moved the chair out and awkwardly rested his lower body part on the seat. 

"Welp. I'm all plum wore out. So I reckon it's time for some chow," Leroy said as he removed his hat for the blessing of the food. "Jebadiah." He nodded for him to do the honors. 

Jebadiah removed his top hat, revealing his bald head, which offset his thick beard, and placed it to his heart, bowing his head. 

Only then did Streamline finally remove his helmet. 

(What does Streamline look like under his helmet? And what does Leroy know about Zendora? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!) 

If you like the story, please support me by purchasing the book on Amazon, etc. Just click the link on my profile page! Alternatively, you can always help out by voting, commenting, and telling your friends about the story!