Episode 5.6

(Previously: Azul tells the gang that Morphaal and Sable destroyed the base in search of Vecto but left. Vecto goes into the burning building anyway and enters Gyro's room. Almost everything is destroyed save for a memento of Gyro's: a titanium cross decorated with diamonds. The scene switches to Crysilis and Streamline.) 

"Is he going to be all right?" Crysilis asked Streamline, noticing it had been a while since Vecto had entered the burning building. 

Streamline glanced back. Police sirens echoed in the distance. "Better get going. I'm a wanted man, remember?" 

"Let's get Vecto, first," Crysilis said, turning around. 

He had barely moved, when the base exploded. Shrapnel jettisoned from the building as flames and vibrant gusts of wind flew past. Crysilis, Streamline, and Azul shielded their eyes as the entire sky lit up. Pieces of metal showered down as a dome filled the absence of the building. Crysilis and Streamline looked past falling shrapnel to see the smoke create a silhouette of Vecto in the center. The whole base was gone, leveled completely by Vecto's shields. 

"Have you gone mad?" Crysilis yelled. 

The police approached. They swung their lift vehicles onto the site, forming a blockade, then came rushing out of their vehicles with weapons ready. 

"Put your hands in the air and drop your weapons!" an officer yelled, amplifying his voice with a throat insert. 

Crysilis and Azul complied, raising their arms as Streamline dropped his Omega Blaster, then his Turbo Blaster, as well as his Disrupter Pistol and his laser knife. He also laid down bombs and gun magazines and more knives. 

"I said drop your weapons!" the officer yelled again. 

"I am!" Streamline replied. But he noticed they weren't talking to him. He looked over his shoulder to see Vecto at the center of the dome-with dozens of weapons hovering in the air around him. 

"Get out of the way!" the officer yelled at the trio. When an opening cleared, he ordered his officers: "Open fire!" 

Crysilis, Streamline, and Azul sprinted as bullets and pulsebeams streamed toward Vecto. 

They collided with the dome of his shield. 

"Evidence must be destroyed," Vecto said, his head tilted downward. He could not let the police stand in his way, he thought. They were Sable's force-just as corrupt. 

He fired missiles at the police. They filtered through his outer shield, dodged the bullets, and collided with police vehicles, exploding them. Police ran as their cars were tossed in the air. Vecto locked onto the fleeing police and fired a floating sniper gun, clocking several of the men in the back of the head. 

"Vecto! Stop this!" Crysilis yelled. 

Vecto kept on. He launched bazookas at the police as he walked closer, killing them off effortlessly. 

"Vecto!" Crysilis yelled, then disappeared. He teleported inside Vecto's shield as a rocket came at him. 

(How does Crysilis expect to stop Vecto? And with a missile coming at him, what will he do? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)