Episode 8.3

(Previously: Vecto knows about Crysilis' plan to shut him down and realizes that Streamline used an energy capsule containing Leroy Johnson's energy to disable his shields.)

"You leave me no choice then," Streamline said, straightening his back.

He reached behind him and grabbed the tank, using his massive strength to toss it over him. Vecto fired at the tank, giving Streamline time to eject his Omega Blaster's current magazine and snap on another. He ran at Vecto and fired rapid shots. As the bullets released from the gun, the oxygen caused the shells to explode, sending shrapnel Vecto's way. The pieces stuck to Vecto's metal frame as tiny residue began eating away at his metal.

Vecto fired at Streamline, but his old friend leaped over the blasts, landed on the flaming tank that was falling and kicked it down at Vecto. Vecto jumped out of the way as the tank crashed and sent mud in the air. As if in camouflage, Streamline splattered through the airborne mud, falling toward Vecto as he blasted rapid energy beams. Vecto rolled out of the way, being struck several times with the blasts. They exploded on his chest and exploded geysers of mud in the air.

Streamline landed, not letting up on his rapid blasts as Vecto stood and fired back, his body pieces swaying-left, right, up and down-trying to let the shots pass by. Streamline dodged Vecto's shots and landed some of his own at Vecto. They battled until they reached the commerce area of the base, running along building walls, running with blazes of energy streaming at them, destroying everything in sight.

"Do I have to knock some sense into ya?" Streamline yelled, throwing a huge chunk of a building at Vecto. The robot blasted it to pieces as he jetted through the smoke. He scanned for Streamline and saw him above. Streamline switched to a stronger mode of his rifle and shot a constant stream of energy. Vecto barely dodged it, but it followed him. Streamline was moving his gun, letting the powerful beam chase after Vecto, inadvertently slicing through vacant buildings below. The beam stopped, and Vecto landed on a roof. A diagonal cut across the roof caused that half to slide off and crash to the ground.

Panting for breath, Streamline landed on the half-roof and switched modes on his gun again.

"I applaud you for your courage," Vecto said. "You had deactivated my shields and have marred my body, but I have worn you out to exhaustion."

"Yet you haven't landed a hit, and I've got more punch," Streamline said, raising his multifunctional blaster rifle.

"Then we should make this a fist-to-fist match . . . no guns . . . and we'll see how you fare," Vecto said, dropping his Blaster 3,000.

Streamline smirked. "I'm not a fool, Vecto. I know you'll just hover your gun back to you. The answer's no."

"Oh, but I insist," Vecto said, suddenly snapping Streamline's gun from him with a magnetic jerk from the base of his gunless arm. Streamline's blaster flew to Vecto's hand, but its safety mechanism wouldn't let the robot fire it. Capturing the opportunity, Streamline pulled out his spare gun and shot Vecto right in the eye, exploding the right side of his head off with a freeze blast.

"Nobody takes my rifle!" Streamline said. He walked over and snatched his gun back.

(The match between Streamline and Vecto heats up. Who will win? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)