Shooting Stars and Fairytales

I recognized Robert's number on my phone as I entered the set. But I didn't answer his call like I did with the last one's. I just couldn't talk to him right now. I was still mad at him. The way he behaved last night... He's never been like that before. Actually, I simply had to be on my own. If I had to talk to him now, I didn't know if I was going to say something I might regret in the end. Both of us. The best thing to do now was work.

"Hey", Candice greeted as she found me at the buffet, "Long night?"

I ate one of the mini donuts.

"Please don't ask", I mumbled quietly.

"I heard about your little dispute with Ian yesterday..."

I looked up to her in surprise.

"I can't talk about that actually", I admitted and took a sip of my coffee, "I'm mad at him."

My phone rang again. I didn't even have to look who it was because I knew it was him. But whatever he wanted to tell me simply had to wait.

"Don't you want to..."

I shook my head.

"No. This wouldn't end very well", I explained and faked a smile, "I'll just concentrate on my work today!"

She nodded slightly.

"Okay", she agreed smirkingly, "But I hope at least your trip to New York was great."

New York!

"Yeah, it was perfect", I smiled at her.

-

Later that day...

"So, what are you going to do now?", Jules asked and picked at her food.

"I don't know", I admitted and stared out of the window of the diner.

I didn't know how often Robert has already tried to call me today.

""You're just ignoring him, right?"

I nodded slightly and ran my fingers trough my hair.

"Although you know it'd be better to talk about what has happened?", she continued.

"I don't know how I should explain everything to him", I mumbled then, "He doesn't believe me. And I don't know how to change his opinion. Besides, he was an absolute jerk last night..."

"You won't find out if you don't answer his calls...", she said reproachfully, her blue eyes staring at me intensely.

I sighed.

I knew she was right.

"Now just give it a try and find out", she suggested smirkingly and looked at my phone on the table.

I hesitated for a second. Somehow, I was afraid to call him. If we were going to fight again...

I swallowed hard before I slowly reached out for my phone and dialed his number.

Don't be mad any longer. Please don't be mad. And don't be a jerk...

But he didn't answer.

"Now, he's ignoring me", I mumbled and hung up again.

"Well, maybe he's just busy..."

I rolled my eyes and looked at her.

He was simply childish. That was all.

-

I sat on the window bench, going through the script for the next day. Outside, it was raining. It's been sunny all day long but about an hour ago it started raining.

It was quiet inside and all I heard were the raindrops pouring down the window pane behind my back.

But suddenly, I recognized a strange noise. It seemed like someone knocked on my door but this one sounded a little different.

I put away the script and walked around the room, curiously searching for the mysterious noise.

Suddenly, I had an idea. I went back to the window bench and opened the window where I recognized him outside.

Although I was on the first floor, I could easily recognize his puppy eyes staring up to me, raindrops pouring down his dark hair.

"Nina!", he shouted and smiled from one ear to another, completely wet already.

"Robert", I said in surprise, "What are you doing here?"

"Come down and I'll tell you", he replied smirkingly.

"Why don't you come upstairs instead?", I suggested.

He laughed and his eyes crinkled as usually.

"No, you have to come down here!", he countered.

"It's raining", I replied and immediately had to smile.

I wanted to be mad at him but I just couldn't resist his charm.

"I know", he agreed and waved at me, "Now come down here!"

I laughed and searched for my dressing gown before I ran downstairs.

I was curious what he wanted to do. If this was an apology... Well, he travelled to Atlanta to apologize. It was quite romantic.

I opened the door and crossed my arms as the cold rain poured down my head.

"Robert, please let us get inside. It's cold and rainy...", I repeated as I finally reached him on the pathway.

Immediately, he grabbed my hands, holding me close to him and I felt my heart beating rapidly.

"I'm sorry for being a jerk", he said then, his puppy eyes staring at me intensely, "It just drives me insane when someone else touches- or even kisses- you. All of this would not have happened if we had moved in together but..."

I was simply staring back at him as he apologized for last night.

"Robert", I interrupted him then, "We've made a mistake..."

He stared at me, an expression of surprise and confusion in his eyes.

"Moreover, I have made a mistake", I corrected myself, "I was not ready to let myself in with you but..."

"Will you move in with me, Nina?", he asked then.

I smiled from one ear to another.

"Yes", I replied quickly, "Of course I do!"

Immediately, he kissed me and I buried my fingers in his wet her, pulling him closer towards me.

"I love you", he whispered quietly before he kissed me again.

"I love you, too", I whispered back, "But don't be a jerk again."

He smirked at me.

"I won't."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Oct 17, 2014 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Behind The Scenes [A Robert Downey Jr. Fan-Fic] ON HOLDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें