Date Night (Part 2)

"What's so funny about that?", I asked shocked.

"You should have seen your face", he laughed with tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry but I really think I missed something", I mumbled confused, "What happened from 'I screwed up my marriage' to this?"

"Somehow I expected you to react like this", he said still laughing, "You're a good person, Nina. But don't be so naive."

I glared at him.

"You're telling me all of this was a joke?", I gathered.

"No, it was in fact the truth but... I'm done with that. It's over, so..."

The young lady came back with some French fries and a hamburger for each of us.

"Thanks, dear", Robert said to her in his soft voice again.

She smiled and blushed. His effect on her was unmistakable. Embarrassed to disturb us, she left again.

I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I was so stupid", I sighed and shook my head, "Everything was just a game for you. Part of your show, I should have known."

"Nina", he said my name in a soft and shy way.

"No, Robert!", I countered, "That's not funny. That... That hurt."

I suddenly bursted in laughter.

The first second, Robert looked at me almost as confused as I might have looked at him. But the he started to laugh again.

"You almost got me", he laughed pointing at me.

"Oh, I totally got you", I retorted and ate some of the fries.

"But I meant everything when I said I wanted to get to know you better", he then added in a serious tone.

"Ok", I let myself in with him, "Let's talk seriously."

"Well, your family, parents, brothers, sisters", he started and leaned back, "I know you're actually from Bulgaria and I gotta say that's pretty..."

"Oh shut up, Robert", I interrupted him and couldn't hide a smile when I blushed again.

He smirked.

"I was born in Bulgaria and moved to Canada with my mom when I was two years old", I told him, "My parents divorced three years before I was born that's why my dad stayed at Sofia, the place I was born. Um, I have an older brother, his name is Alexander..."

I paused for a second.

"What?", I asked with a smile on my lips as I looked at Robert.

"Nothing, I just like listening to you", he answered with a heartwarming voice.

I felt the blood rushing toward my cheeks.

But suddenly I had a glimpse at the clock.

"God, Robert! We have to go!", I screamed and stood up, "It's too late and we have to be in time tomorrow!"

"Nina, calm down", he smiled as we walked out to the door, "We'll be right in time tomorrow. No need to worry!"