Chasing Cars

*Robert's P.O.V.*

"Ok", I mumbled, "Things are working out pretty well for us but yesterday was a little strange..."

"What happened?", James wanted to know and sat down on his seat.

"We've been at her trailer eating some pizza together and I gotta say it was quite romantic..."

James sighed.

"Then I said something I might not have said", I continued explaining, "Three words that..."

I paused and waited for his reaction.

"Ouch", he mumbled.

"Thanks, Jimmy", I countered sarcastically.

"Ok, so you told her...", he concluded.

"I told her I loved her", I continued, "I told her I loved her and she didn't reciprocate it."

I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Let's make a stop right here", he said, "Before we're going to discuss what has happened I gotta ask you something. Is she worth all this? Because, Robert, as your friend, I can tell you that you had so many affaires since your divorce and..."

"This time it's different", I interrupted him, "She's special, Jimmy!"

"Aren't they always special at first?", he retorted sarcastically.

I glared at him.

"It's the truth", I added, "I never sensed anything like that for a woman. She's different from everyone I've ever met. There's something innocent about her... She's special and I think I love her."

"Wow", he said obviously surprised, "You really love her, Rob."

I leaned back and sighed.

"That's what I said and what makes it even more complicated right now...", I mumbled.

"How long have you two been together now?", he asked curiously.

"Three months", I replied and felt my heart skip a beat just because I thought of her.

"And have you asked her why she didn't reciprocate it?"

"No", I mumbled and looked down, "I just don't know what to do now! Tomorrow's our last day on set and I don't even know if we ever meet again what's driving me freaking crazy!"

I raised my voice and hoped no one outside the trailer has heard me.

"It's driving me freaking crazy!", I repeated softly.

"You have to do something special for her", Jimmy suggested, "Take her to a restaurant, have dinner with her... Do I really have to tell you, Rob? I think, you know best what she likes, don't you?"

"Yeah, you're right", I admitted and leaned back.

"You just gotta make her say it!", he summed up, "Or strictly ask her why she didn't say it..."

__________________________

I knocked at Nina's trailer.

"Ready?", I asked already entering.

She put on a shy smile and looked at me with her big brown eyes. Then she gently placed her lips on mine and buried her tenuous fingers in my hair.

"Hey", she whispered softly and put her arms around my neck, "Are you ok?"

"Never felt any better", I lied to her.

But I had the strange feeling she knew I was lying.

"Come on", I moved on, "We have to be in time!"