Keep your head up

*Robert's P.O.V.*

I turned off the engine when I parked in the garage. Then I looked at Nina.

She was sleeping right next to me. She was so beautiful.

I carefully stroke her head and played with her dark curls. She really looked like an angel.

"Nina?", I asked softly and kissed her forehead, "Wake up, honey."

She moaned.

"We're back home", I added and smiled.

"Just one more minute", she retorted and turned around.

"Robert?!", I suddenly heard a familiar voice shouting my name.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

I really wished I never had to see her again. But unfortunately that'd mean I could never see my son again. Something, I could never do.

"Robert?!", she screamed again.

"Honey?", I whispered again as she opened her eyes and looked at me dreamily, "You should go inside. I have to talk to Deborah for a second..."

"Ok", she mumbled and gently placed her lips on mine, pulling my head towards hers firmly, "I'll be waiting for you."

I smiled at her when she left the car and entered my house.

"Robert!"

I sighed.

"Shut the f**k up, Deborah!", I shouted back at her and slammed the door of my car.

"Robert, where have you been?!", she wanted to know as I walked over to her.

She got very old, I thought as I saw her.

"Who's the woman with you? Another affaire? A prostitute?!"

I got furious.

"Don't you dare to call her like that!", I spitted at her.

She raised her hands in a defensive way.

"Calm down, Rob", she added obviously intimidated, "Who's that woman? Please don't tell me..."

"Yes, she is!", I countered.

She rolled her eyes.

"Oh, Robert! She's about half your age..."

"Don't tell me what I have to do, Deb!"

She sighed.

"Anyway, Indio has to stay with you this weekend", she explained and handed me a bag, "You remember? No drugs, no alcohol, nothing!"

"You really think I'm an idiot, don't you?", I retorted annoyed.

"Let's discuss that later", she mumbled and walked back to her car.

"Deb!", I yelled at her but she didn't react, "Deborah?"

"I'm not talking to you any more, Rob. Enjoy your weekend", she said and entered her car without even looking at me again.

"Screw you", I whispered although I knew she couldn't hear me.

__________________________

"Indio?", I asked as I entered the house.

"Yeah?", he answered and exited the kitchen with a glass of orange juice in his hands.

I was relieved. He knew I still had some alcohol in the kitchen although I wasn't going to drink it anyway.