t w e n t y - n i n e

we got home yesterday and i am beyond exhausted.  are you supposed to feel like this after you've given birth? im really not sure but i just want to sleep. aleyna was up half the night but hero being the precious man he is got up when she cried, telling me to stay asleep.
-
"jo!" hero exclaimed from downstairs.
i've tried to go back to sleep but i can't, so i guess i'm not getting any sleep. pulling myself out of bed, i tidy the bed, brush my hair and put it up into a pony tail. after i've brushed my teeth and sluggishly pulled myself down the stairs. once i get to the kitchen, i make myself a coffee and head to the living room. hero is on the small sofa with aleyna in one arm and a coffee mug in the other.
it's the mug i brought him for christmas. it says;
boyfriend - your favourite pain in the ass.
which i thought was cute because no one annoys me like he does.
"morning" hero says, putting down his mug.
"hey" i reply groggily.
when he's holding our daughter, he has a sparkle in his eyes. he's already such an amazing father to her and she is going to have the best childhood ever.
"do you.. wanna hold?" he says
i nod, she needs a feed. i place my mug down onto the coffee table and hero gets up out of the chair and puts aleyna in my arms. the little girl just lays there as i watch her in adoration - i lift up my vest and put my nipple onto her small mouth so she can drink some milk.
i hold her to my breast and hero is drinking his coffee - i can tell he's trying not to fall asleep, he looks drained.
"go back to sleep" i whisper.
aleyna looks like she's going to fall asleep soon - which is good. so, i remove my breast and pull my vest back over my stomach and then burp her. after i've burped her - i hold her in my arms, in hope that she will go to sleep.
"no" he replies, sitting next to me on the huge couch.
hero sits close to me and kisses aleynas forehead, leaning his head on my shoulder.
"i have such a beautiful little family" he mumbles.
hero soon falls asleep, as does aleyna. i move aleyna closer to me, pulling a blanket over the three of us before i fall asleep.