t w e n t y - e i g h t

9 months later,
today is the day that jo gave birth - we had a baby girl.
i can't believe it. she's here, we have a baby.

"she's beautiful" jo says, tears falling from her eyes
i move my hand up to wipe the tears from her soft cheeks as she held my child.
"aleyna fiennes tiffin" i whisper.
i am in love with her already and i am going to protect my baby girl from all the bad in the world. her eyes are grey, like her mums - she looks a lot like jo. i watch the way jo is looking at her, the way she's holding her so delicately. i am so proud of her for getting through the whole pregnancy, there was some downs but she was so strong through it all. and the birth, ah that was funny. she was screaming and shouting at me about how it's my fault that i got her pregnant, she never failed to make me laugh - even when she was in pain. when she gave birth to angel, she was quiet. she was in pain but she cried for the most part..
i sit on jo' hospital bed where there's some space for me and i watch the newborn baby. the two loves of my life.
"can i hold her?" i ask, kissing josephine on the cheek.
she nods and puts aleyna in my arms, i stand up with her in my arms - i want jo to rest after those long painful hours of birth.
"i love you so much princess. you are my world, you and your mum. i'm going to be the best dad ever, i promise you that. you are so beautiful, so beautiful. one day i am going to take you to london and you can meet daddy's family. then we can take you to perth to meet mummy's family. but for now, it's just the three of us" i whisper
"hero" i hear jo say, i turn around to look at the mother of my baby.
her smile is beautiful - as ever. 
"i love you" she says as i sit down on the little space that is free on the uncomfortable hospital bed.
i put aleyna in josephines arms and kiss my beautiful girl on the cheek.