Part Two: Toying Around

"So what do you do?" You question the doll out of curiosity.
     Buddy pauses and looks up as if to think. "I can connect to any Kaslan smart-device using the Buddi app!"
     You smile and pick up the doll as you proceed to sit on your bed. The doll's eyes glow, and you start to pick up the signs that whenever it starts to speak, its eyes brighten.
     "What's your name?" Buddy asks while tilting his head.
     "I-It's (Y/N)," you stammer, still getting used to a doll that can talk and comprehend almost everything, just like a human being could.
     "(Y/N), you are my buddy!" The smart doll sings.
     You giggle and smile along with the playful Buddi doll, but it soon comes to a halt when you hear footsteps coming closer towards the bedroom. Quickly, you grab Buddy and stuff him underneath your bed. "Shh! I'll be right back, okay?" You frantically tell him. The door soon opens and you see that it's only your mom.
     "Hey, Mom," you greet her casually.
     "Hey, (Y/N)," she replies. "I thought I heard you talking to someone, that's why I came in."
     Your eyes dance around the room while your brain is just thinking of any and every excuse to give her. "I-I was just on the phone with Gabriel," you lie to her.
     She nods. "Okay. Hopefully he enjoys your gift." She leaves the room and closes the door.
     You sigh a big, humongous sigh of relief. "That was a close one!" You note to yourself.
     "Sure was!" A voice agrees from underneath your bed. You gently flinch, but quickly recall that you left Buddy there and that was him speaking. You smile it off and reach under the bed to pull the doll out. "Peekaboo!" Buddy exclaims out of pure joy.
     You giggle and feel like a smile had just been permanently molded onto your face; this doll is amazing! And it had already become your best buddy until the end, so it's not like you can just hand it right over to Gabriel.
     "You're awesome!" You tell the robotic doll, still in your hands.
     "No, you're awesome, (Y/N)! I can't wait to become best, best buddies with you!" Buddy cheers. The doll continues to smile and you can't help yourself to smile with him.
     You snap out of it when you realize what time it is. "Oh, dang it. It's my bedtime."
     Buddy's facial expressions go from jolly to shocked. "Bedtime? It's the weekend, (Y/N), didn't you forget?"
     You raise your eyebrows and just think, how could I be so forgetful! "Oh, yeah, it is! Thanks, Buddy, for the reminder. On weekends I can, of course, stay up past 9:00."
     The doll grins and claps his hands in excitement. "Let's have some fun!" He recommends.
     "What kind of fun?"
     "All kinds of fun!"
     You smirk and look around to see if there was anything you could do to entertain the enthusiastic robot. "Um...," you start, "do you like Twister?"
      "Twister? What's that?" Buddy asks.
     You get up and pick up the Twister game box out from a pile of board games. "This," You point out, "is Twister."
     You hand the box to Buddy, who already had his arms wide open, and he studies the front and back of the box. "Sounds fun! Let's play," he rejoices.
     "Oka—," you start to say until the door opens once more, but without prior knowledge. You rush in hiding the doll, and you can't think of anything. Grabbing the bean bag chair beside you, you put it over Buddy and sit on it. Bad idea! You scold to yourself.
     "Hey, (Y/N), I was just coming to tell you that I'm going to bed now. Work starts a whole hour earlier tomorrow and it's going to be really busy," your mom announces.
     "Oh..."
     "Yeah. Well, goodnight, hopefully Gabriel's birthday party goes well tomorrow. Good luck," she ends, closing the door after you tell her goodnight.
     Another sigh of relief. Phew! A few seconds after the door shuts, you feel movement underneath you; except this time you don't flinch— you know it's Buddy. You get up from the bean bag chair and lift it up, uncovering the doll who had just been squirming.
     "(Y/N), why did you do that to me?" Buddy asks you concerned. These dolls really do have extreme facial expressions.
     "I'm sorry, Buddy," you whisper, still unsure if your mom was close by. "It was just a last minute decision."
     The doll frowns and just stands around.
     "You still wanna play Twister?" You offer with a smirk.
     Buddy moves his head around, and of course, replies with a big, happy, "Sure!"
     "Okay!" You whisper a bit louder than before. "Basically, you just spin the spinner and you have to do what it says..."
     Buddy gives you a confused look, and he tilts his head to the side.
     "Listen, it's really easy, trust me. Once you get the hang of it you'll be alright."
     He raises his eyebrows and nods. You give him a thumbs up in return.

     As you begin to open up the box and take out the contents inside, Buddy sits and watches in admiration. You take out the giant mat and instructions first, and then you place the spinner down on the carpet. Instantly, Buddy reaches for the spinner and plays around with it. "I love spinners," he says randomly while spinning the arrow continuously.
You grin. "Uh, since you enjoy the spinner a lot, you can start off as the spinner person and I can be the person on the mat," you recommend to the doll as you unfold the mat.
     "Sure," Buddy responds gleefully, as always.
The game begins!
     Buddy spins the spinner and his eyes follow every movement. "Left foot, red."
     "You got it," you tell him. You place your left foot on red as you think about all the times you actually used to play this game.
     "Ooh," Buddy sounds. "Right hand, green!"
     You scan the mat and realize that you're now looking like you're in the middle of doing some push ups. Buddy laughs, which honestly, makes you laugh as well.
     The doll soon picks up on all the fun and laughter and drops the spinner. "Let me join!" you can hear him say as he walks over towards you and the Twister mat. Unexpectedly, you feel tiny feet climb up on you and you start to giggle from the feeling.
     "Buddy, what are doing?" you question him as you continue to laugh.
     "I'm big now!" he exclaims from up on your back.
     You topple over from laughter and pick Buddy up from the fall. You hold him up as you lay down on the floor, still recovering from all that laughing. "You're the best buddy ever!"
     Buddy smiles real big and holds his arms wide open. You smile back and bring him in for a warm and long hug. "Will we be like this forever and always?" He asks.
     You grin and pull him away gently so he can see you. "Forever and always," you tell him. "Forever and always..."