Part Twenty-One: Getting the Heck Outta Dodge

"I hope I didn't hurt you too bad," Buddy tells you, all the while holding your hand.
You shrug it off. "I-It's... fine." Of course, that's a lie. Why weren't these dolls programmed to be medical geniuses? Instead, they scrub open wounds and make them BURN.
Not long after, Chucky comes running back to the restroom. When he enters, you spot the duct tape in his small doll hands. "I have it!" He exclaims cheerfully. You glance back at Buddy, who rolls his eyes and is now crossing his arms.
You tap him on the shoulder lightly. "You did your job well, too, Buddy. Emotional support." You then give him a wink, and that makes him smile big.
Chucky hands you the tape, and you immediately get to work. You start by placing the cloth on your leg, covering the entire wound. The duct tape is then used to secure that, by wrapping it tight all the way around your leg. It's not really brilliant, but it's definitely a lot better than anything these dolls could've done. You exhale. "Phew!"
"Yayy!" You hear Buddy cheer. He also claps his hands in that adorable way.
With a lot of thought, you make an effort to stand up; just barely though. Luckily, there's a metal bar up above where you're sitting. You use that to help lift yourself up, and surprisingly, it works. But there's a lot of wobbling, giving how weak your leg is now. Oh gosh, it's probably infected by now, you think to yourself. You try not to think of negative stuff, so you shrug that off. You smile, because it's been awhile since you had to actually look down to see Buddy and Chucky. They're both smiling back, and that melts your heart. Buddy claps his hands again (too cute for you to handle). For some time, it's just silence, and you trying to get used to standing up. You haven't even walked an inch yet— you're getting used to just maintaining your balance. But instead of looking down at the dolls, you jolt up when you hear Gabriel come running to the bathroom. "They're here!!" He calls out. Your eyes widen and your heart begins to race again. You drop to the floor and begin to crawl fast. Thankfully, there's a another room connecting to the large bathroom, so you all head there. And when you enter, you see that it's nothing other than just an ordinary bathroom. You scan the room frantically to find a good way to escape. But luckily, you got the help you needed from your best buddy.
"Up there!" He chimes in, pointing to the window above the shower.
Your heart sinks, realizing how tight and small that window is. It could probably fit the dolls, and that's really it.
"That's too small!" You tell him.
"What about the window on that door?"
You look toward the door, and stare at the window. It's way bigger than the shower window, so you agree to escape through that one instead. Chucky breaks open the window and leaps out, with Buddy following.
"I'll go after you," Gabriel tells you.
You don't respond, and just get the heck out of dodge. Gabriel finally escapes thereafter, and the whole gang is reunited once again; just outside. "Come on!" Gabriel orders as he waves his hand in the air. You and the dolls follow him, down into the forest area. It's pitch black out, and you can't see a thing. In order to just find your way around better, you all run in a chain, with all of your hands connected. But you all stop in your tracks when the forest area becomes very bare. There's now a blank area, with no grass, and tall pine trees surrounding the area, in a very square-like way.
Gabriel turns around to make sure everybody's there. He kind of feels around, actually, since he can't see through the dark. But you think of a good idea; one you know would benefit everybody. You wrap your arms around the dolls, and pull Gabriel in, too. You exhale. "Let's just stay together, in one big circle."
You can barely see it, but Gabriel smirks. "One big Moon-Pie, you mean."
You smirk back. "Yeah— one big Moon-Pie." You all get closer together. Honestly, you just did it because of the temperature.
You can feel Buddy snuggle up against you. He doesn't say anything, but it makes you smile even without. The hugging position stays for a very long time. It was really just a time to rest, and forget about all the chaos that just happened.
You unwrap your arms, though. "Come on, guys; we gotta keep moving."
Everybody nods and gets up on their feet. You hear some sighs, but you don't know who they're coming from exactly. You only make it to about the middle of the square patch when you all stop again; this time, it's because the beeping noise has come, yet again. You look at Gabriel. "We can't escape ever, can we?" You question, disappointed.
He shakes his head. "Where else are we going to go?"
You sigh and look down. But you quickly look up when a shining bright light is cast upon the group. You squint, trying to make out what it is: it's a helicopter. Your eyes widen and you look back down to see everybody else. Buddy's eyes are big, too, and he turns to you. "(Y/N)," he whispers.
You nod slowly.
"Are we going to die?"
That surprises you. You didn't even know that this doll could be afraid of death, or really imagine it at all. You swallow. "We'll see..."