Part Twelve: The Phone Call

It's getting out of hand, you think to yourself. You sit up and turn to your clock, which reads 3:42AM. You slept a couple hours, but you know inside that you can't wait any more to find out where Buddy went.
You lift up the covers and slowly walk your way to the door. You slowly turn the knob and open the door.

You decide to check outside, first. Starting with the backyard, you open the slide door and walk around for awhile. But suddenly, you hear movement coming from above. You assume it's from the treehouse, so you climb the steps and enter inside; and it doesn't take you long to spot Buddy, bundled up in a ball in the corner.
You sigh and scoot closer to him. "Buddy?" You whisper.
The doll slowly lifts up his head and gazes into your eyes. "You don't want me anymore," he mumbles.
You scoff. "No, Buddy...." After that, you really don't know what to say. You want to say nice things to cheer him up, but there's still that side of you that doesn't want to do anything at all, considering what Buddy just did to you earlier. But you force yourself to hug him, because you know this doll loves hugs.
"I'm sorry, (Y/N)," he tells you. "I know it wasn't me. I would never hurt my best buddy."
You sigh. "Whatever. Let's just forget about this. Come on." You pick Buddy up and exit the treehouse. Once you're inside your house again, you make your way back up the stairs and into your bedroom where you'll sleep for a few more hours. But before you actually sleep for real this time, you decide to talk to Buddy for a bit. It's not really necessary, but something inside you just wanted to.
     "So... Buddy," you start off. You pat on your lap. "Um... anything you need to say?"
     Buddy moves his eyes like he's thinking. "No."
     You laugh, but only in your head. He waited how many seconds til he answered with a simple 'no?' Now this is how you can tell he's lying.
     "Are you sure?" You ask him.
     Buddy raises his eyebrows. "I guess..."
     You get closer to the doll. "I know you want to say something, so just... say it, jeez."
     Buddy looks around all confused. But finally, he confesses, "Okay, there might be."
     You smile. Only because you got a robot to tell the truth when he was first lying, of course. "Tell me."
     "Can you ask your friend about Chucky?"
     Well this isn't what you expected Buddy to say. Sometimes you wish he would stop yapping about Chucky.
     "Uh, sure," you reply slowly. "What do you want me to say?" You grab your phone and get ready to pull up Gabriel's number.
     "Umm..." Buddy frantically moves his eyes around everywhere.
     You grin. "Chill, Buddy; you have time."
     Buddy relaxes a bit, but that doesn't speed up his thinking process. "I guess you could ask what Chucky's doing."
     You pause and look up at Buddy with barely squinting eyes. "Tell me if this is really serious or not."
     "It is!" Buddy blurts.
     "Okay, then, jeez." You click on Gabriel's number and wait. He's probably not going to answer, considering it's practically 4 in the morning. But to your surprise, he does.
     "(Y/N)?" Gabriel asks. You can tell from his voice that he's obviously very sleepy, so you don't want to keep him up for long.
     "Yeahh... it's me."
     "Why are you calling me this late?"
     "Uhh... Buddy wanted me to call you because he wanted to know how Chucky was doing."
     There's a pause. Of course this was a bad idea, you think to yourself.
     "Well, why?" Gabriel finally answers.
     You shrug. "I don't know..." You look at Buddy more than a few times, and he doesn't seem to be getting the hint. You roll your eyes, and you know Buddy does not like that. So here he comes again with the-

 So here he comes again with the-

-face. "Look, I'll call you later."
     Buddy's eyes suddenly widen, as if they weren't widened enough. "Noo!" He cries out.
     It's too late— you already hung up. Buddy slumps and continues with the facial expressions.
     You sigh, annoyed about what's going on. "Oh my gosh, Buddy, we'll call back in the morning; now's not the time."
     "B-But it is the time! Chucky c-could... he could hack me, or-or something."
     Your roll your eyes again. "I'm done, okay. You're not gonna get 'hacked,' end of story."
     You pull the covers over and turn off the lights. Buddy crawls over to his sleeping spot and lies down. All you really want now is sleep. And also to avoid as much drama as possible, which is probably never going to happen with Buddy around. Oh, and can you just imagine going to school and leaving Buddy alone in the house? Who knows what he'll do with the house all to himself. You shrug it off and furrow your brows as you try to ignore the incoming worries about Buddy.