Part Seven: The Talk

"I gotta go use the bathroom," Gabriel tells you. "Be right back."
     You nod and wait for your friend to get back. In the meantime, you wait inside the house with Buddy and Chucky. Buddy takes a seat on one of the dinner chairs, and Chucky patiently waits on the floor. The silence is pretty awkward, and at some moments you glance at the dolls. But you find that this is the right moment to talk to Buddy alone. "Come on, Buddy," you say as you pick him up from his seat.
     Buddy gives you a worried face. "What did I do, (Y/N)?"
     "Nothing," you reply honestly. "Just need to talk alone with you."
     Buddy looks down in confusion, and you stop walking when you reach the other bathroom. You close the door just in case. Buddy's eyes widen.
     "Chill, Buddy; it's not what you think," you tell him with a laugh.
     He smiles after and shrugs it off.
     "Okay, here's what I wanted to talk about," you say. "What about Chucky are you so scared of?"
     Buddy sits uncomfortably and shifts around. He stares into your eyes and finally speaks, "He's evil."
     You raise an eyebrow and cross your arms. "How is he evil?"
     Buddy places his palms on his face. "I can't say, but I want you to understand."
     You sigh and crouch down to his level. "Look." Buddy takes his hands off his face and looks into your eyes. You clear your throat. "If you don't tell me, I can't help you; I couldn't believe you, either. Listen, if Chucky's doing something that isn't right, you need to tell me!"
     Buddy sniffs and it really sounds like he's crying with tone of his voice, even though he's just a robot. "He said I couldn't tell a soul!" he insists.
     You quickly turn around as you feel the door open against your back. You get up, and speak of the devil, it's freaking Chucky.
     He stares at Buddy and says, "I heard my name."
     You're kind of speechless, at this moment. Buddy knows something about Chucky, who's obviously keeping the secret. But the speechlessness comes to an end when you see Gabriel walk up behind him. "Hey... guys?" he says, quite confused as to why we are ALL in the bathroom at the same time.
     "Uh...," you stammer. "We were just... u-uh, well, Buddy and I were just talking... and then Chucky joined. Like, just now."
     Gabriel raises his eyebrows. "Okayy then. You wanna continue outside?"
     "Yeah." You grab Buddy and walk with Gabriel outside. Buddy hugs on tight to you and buries his face into your stomach-area. You pat him on the back gently. Gabriel and you make it to the backyard, and walk to the swings to play. But Buddy stops you and says, "Stay with me, (Y/N)."
     You look down at him and to Gabriel. "Um... o-okay?"
     Gabriel sighs. "It's fine," he tells you. "I can play with Chucky while I wait."
     You nod and shift your attention to Buddy. You crouch down, and ask, "What is it this time?"
     He shakes his head, and just stands there. "I just want to be with you, best buddy."
     You smile lightly and look around. You get up and take a seat on the bench right beside you. You pick up Buddy and place him on the bench, as well. "It may be hard, Buddy, I know. But just tell me." You pick him up and place him on your lap to get even closer with the conversation. "Whatever you're so paranoid of, just tell me and I can fix it. I love you, and I don't want you to be like this anymore."
     Buddy stares into your eyes with the puppiest-puppy eyes you've ever seen. He reaches for your hand and gently grabs it. "(Y/N).... Chucky killed the cat."
     You furrow your brows. "What?"
     Buddy nods fast and quickly looks over to see if Chucky heard.
     "You actually saw him?" You question.
     "Yes! I was there. I didn't know what to do, so I just stood there. He said to not tell anyone, because what he did wasn't wrong."
     You concentrate on the issue and think to yourself. This is a big issue! How are you even going to tell Gabriel about this?
     "We'll figure this out later," you tell Buddy. "For right now, let's just enjoy being together, you know."
     Buddy scoots closer to you and hugs you— for a very long time....