Íobairt (Sacrifice)

Anna

I woke in his arms once again and the sun is shining.  He made love to me all night and promised me we could visit the cliffs today.  We slept curled up under several wool blankets with the balcony doors open so we could hear the waves crashing in our sleep.  It was calming, romantic and relaxing which was exactly what we needed. 

I stretched and he pulled me into him. 

"It's a lovely morning," I said.

"Just as every morning will be as you are my wife." He said.

"I want to visit the cliffs."

"We will after breakfast.  My lady has stirred quite the hunger in me." My head lays on his chest so I looked up at him and he kissed me just as Miss Haggerty knocked on the door with our breakfast and to clean up last nights meal.

He smiles as he eats. 

"What is crossing that mind of yours?" I asked.

"Only the most wicked thoughts." He popped a piece of bread in his mouth.

"Please, do share," I smirked back as I ate.

"I will once I act them out on you."

I blushed. 

We teased back and forth through breakfast then Miss Haggerty dressed me for the day.  My husband looks handsome in his kilt with his sword at his side as always. 

I took his arm and we walked side by side down the grand staircase then outside through the maze of a garden.  "Why is this garden so beautiful but the one at home dead and unkept?" I asked.

"This was my mothers' favorite escape and I visited alone two years ago and ordered it done.  My father was more about taking a life than cherishing it.  To me, he was the king of death." He said.

"I meant to ask you about the scars on your back."

He stood tall as we walked.

"I was flogged each time I disappointed him.  It happened quite often when I was young but the harder I trained the less they were given to me.  The worst one came when he wanted to test my skills and I held him under my sword.  I had grown stronger than him and it angered him." He said and my heart broke for him.

"How old were you when it started?" I asked.

"I was eight when I earned my first scar."

How did he overcome such abuse?

"He was cruel," I said.

"He made me a better soldier and trained me for my duties."

"He abused you, Liam our children cannot be brought up that way," I said.

"I will be a strict father but I will not allow them to share my same fate as a child." He said.

"They need love and compassion."

"I agree." He said as the crashes of waves came closer. 

He stopped just at the edge of the cliff and held me from behind.  I placed my hands over his and leaned back against him.  "I love it here, it's so beautiful."

"It's the perfect place to indulge in our postnuptial rituals without interruption." He kissed my neck and the heat of his breath made me shiver.  "It's time for my wicked thoughts." He whispered. 

I looked around and couldn't see anyone.  "Where are the guards?" I asked.

"Close enough to hear us if we need them but far enough away to give us privacy." He whispered as he kissed the back of my neck then he sat down and brought me down on top of him.  Each of my legs straddles him as he pulls my head down to kiss him.  Once again I feel lost in him and desire him to be inside me. 

"Lift up." He breathes out then moved his kilt up then pulls my dress out of the way then I feel his tip against my opening.

"Lower your body, slowly." He watched as I did as told and he gasped. 

He reached behind me and guided me up and down and it felt unbelievable.  His eyes were locked on mine as he laid back and continued to guide me. 

Something powerful took over and I started rocking my hips back and forth.  "Liam!' I cried out as something started happening.  I threw my head back as I contracted around him. 

"Allow it to happen, Anna." He grunted out and I cried out his name.  This is a new high, maybe even heaven as my thighs shook and I couldn't control my moans. 

"Beautiful."  He muttered.

I lost myself in his pleasure.  I rolled my head around and saw he was watching with his jaw dropped and eyes as large as saucers. 

"I love you!" My god, I do love him.  When I calmed and my heaven passed he flipped us so he is on top of me and slammed into me with a force I've never known. 

"It's my turn." He grunted and moaned as he gave me everything.  After a few jerks and moans, he relaxed on top of me. 

"I am the happiest man alive." He said.

"The happiest King." I corrected him.

"Not for long." A deep voice came from behind a tree and suddenly we are surrounded by black armored soldiers.  Liam jumped up with his sword but one lunged at him and strong arms pulled me to my feet and a dagger pinched the skin on my throat.  I could feel the warm blood trail down my neck.

"Drop your sword or your new Queen dies!"

Liam stopped fighting but looked around him and I can see he is looking for his guards. 

"Our King demands your audience.  If you come with us your Queen lives." The man said.  "Drop your sword."

"Please let us go!" I cried.

Liam dropped his sword and looked at me with so much love in his eyes.

"Spare my wife and I will go with you." He held his hands up. 

"Take him!" The man ordered then approached me. 

"You are a beautiful woman." He used his dagger and ran it over my breasts. 

"Don't touch her!" Liam screamed as the men pulled him away. 

"It's too bad I'm a man of my word.  You are quite the tempting woman, Queen Annalise."

Liam screamed for me until he was out of sight.  "Please just let us go!" I cried.

"We will let you go out of respect for King George but your husband's fate is in the hands of our king." He looked at his men. "Take her to the gardens and leave her there, we have what we came for and she's harmless."

I spit on the man before I was dragged away. 

"I'll have your dead body at my feet!" I screamed but nobody listened. 

Once again I am alone and the man I love has been taken from me.