Dóchasach (Hopeful)

Anna

Last night and today gave me hope.  If my King can stay the way I've seen, my life may not be as miserable as I've feared.  Last night when he placed that dagger in my hand he only proved I cannot take his life.  I previously promised myself if I had the chance I would take it, even if it meant giving my own life in the name of vengeance but that's no longer the case.

I would still take an opportunity to escape but I will not take his life.  His words have been proven truthful too many times now and the power I had last night, with that dagger made me ill. 

I showed the very weakness I have hidden from him for so long.  He did not act on my vulnerability but guarded it.  I heard his words as he laid me in bed and also felt his kiss. 

The more time I spend with him the less I see him as the man that killed my husband.  The anger is still there and also the hatred but now something else is developing.  I'm not sure if it's pity or respect but something has started and it includes some sort of twisted friendship.  If Daniel was aware and it is proven that he had a hand in starving his people I will forgive Liam. 

My ladies bathed me then dressed me for dinner but I could still hear the tantrum of a boy nearby.  One of my ladies told me the young prince is only 14 years old which gives me hope that he can be saved.  At least I hope that is Liam's plan for the boy.  Evil mother or not, he is still his only brother. 

A trunk of dresses was delivered while we were gone so the dressmaker must be busy around the clock.  Now he has the task of creating my formal wedding gown and knowing Liam a very special shift. 

I had some time to waste when I was finished dressing so I asked for supplies to write a letter home.  I am aware it won't be sent until Liam feels the time is appropriate or it may not be sent at all.  I was fooled into thinking I would arrive at his chambers without his escort but he came to my room. 

After our proper greetings, he warned me that I will be walking past his brothers quarters and he has not yet settled.  I was already aware as most people inside these walls can most likely hear the tantrum.

"Do not stop to talk to him." He said as we made our way through the halls under the escort of his guards.  The doors were propped open as more guards watched over him. 

I made a glance inside his room and when I did his eyes met mine.  Suddenly it was quiet.  The young blonde boy paused and stared until we made it out of his view but he must have made his way to the threshold.

"I want to meet my soon to be Queen." He said and Liam stopped and looked down at me. 

"It would be acceptable," I said and we both turned.  I heard him mutter and Liam chuckle.  "What did he say?"

Liam leaned down.  "Beautiful."

"Hello, I am Princess Annalise of A Stór," I said and he bowed.

"He must have taken you prisoner as no woman of such beauty would look twice at my brother." He said and Liam didn't take offense.

"I am Prince Alexander of Cogadh." He said and I gave him my curtsy.

"I am pleased to meet you.  Your voice carries so I was aware of your arrival."

We spoke for a few moments and he seemed to calm. 

"I'll have a nice tea sent to you tonight.  It will help to relax you." I said and Liam chuckled.

"You'll be out for the night," Liam said.

"She must give it to you to control your groping hands." The boy laughed.

"How do you know I don't give it to her to control her own." Liam teased and I elbowed him.

I wished him a good evening and we walked away.

"The rumors are true.  You just spellbound my brother." He laughed. "Ye to the white witch." He laughed.

"Immature much, my king?" I said and he smiled bigger than ever. 

"You referred to me as your king!"

"It was a minor slip of the tongue," I assured him.

"You say that now but after a week in the country with me, you'll be saying it more often." He winked at the guard opened his chamber doors.

He leaned down.  "You're blushing."

He stood aside and allowed me to enter first where I saw quite the spread.  "Your servants have outdone themselves."

"Well, this is a sample of what we should expect at the celebration of our marriage."

I turned to him.  "We will be attending?"

"After the bedding ritual our consummation will be announced and we will join the festivities.  I have also requested your personal things be moved to the Kings quarters."

I looked around.  "I'm sorry but.." He cut me off.

"I haven't yet moved into the kings quarters.  It was finished this week and I believe you will find it quite satisfactory." He stood there and stared at me.  "Oh, another thing." He walked over to his balcony.  "Come see." He waved me over so I joined him.

"They are working on the Queen's garden.  Soon, you will be able to plant any flowers you want and design it at your own will.  One of my gifts to you of course." He took both my hands.

"I know you cannot love me but I will work to at least earn your respect.  I want this to be your home as much as it is mine.  Together it will be our kingdom so you may make any requests as any rightful Queen.  You will bemy Queen and we will build this into a palace." He said.

He seems overly willing to impress me and I may add a bit excited now about the nuptials.

"I am not a difficult person to satisfy.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated but not necessary to earn my respect.  Your compassion and respect in return will satisfy me just fine." I said.

He lifted both my hands and kissed the back of them.  "I will always spoil my Queen."