Chapter 37: Bubble Bath Time

Song for this Chapter "A Sky Full of Stars"

Written By "Coldplay"

***************************************************************************************

*The next day, approximately 9:45 am*

Emma POV

I yawned softly and turned over in the bed and-

WAIT.

Bed?!

Whose freaking bed did I end up in?

Did something happen last night I didn't remember?

And then all of a sudden I was enveloped in his soothing scent and knew instantly who it was.

Jacob.

My Jacob.

I know his distinctive scent from anywhere, his scent was very woodsy and he smelled like pine trees.

I blushed softly remembering him carrying me up to his room. I relaxed a little and couldn't help but curiously allow my hands to roam along the sheets as I wondered if he slept in the bed with me as well.

After a moment I realized that he hadn't slept in the bed with me once I was confident that my hands had searched all along the sheets.

I frowned puzzled.

Where did he sleep then?

I paused and was quiet so that I could listen and see if maybe I could hear him from nearby.

I then heard his soft breathing that was coming from the other side of me, and remembering from how Jacob described his room, I put two and two together.

He slept on the couch.

I whimpered softly feeling guilty at the fact that he gave up his bed for me. At the same time I felt my heart swell with the fact that he was a gentlemen and respected the fact that I was not yet ready to sleep in a bed with him.

I then cautiously counted the steps I took toward the other side of his room so to go out on his balcony. I couldn't wait to feel the morning sunshine on my face and smell the fresh air.

After I felt along the wall I found the door frame and eventually the handle and I had just turned it slightly attempting to not disturb Jacob from his slumber.

I heard shuffling and then a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I felt his breath fan my neck, sending tingles down my spine. He then whispered softly into my ear, "Where do you think you are going princess?"

I shivered involuntarily and said, "I just was going to step outside for the fresh air that's all."

He stilled behind me and then said after a moment, embarrassment evident in his tone, "Does my room stink or something?"

I couldn't help the laughter that followed his question, "No, no, no, I promise it doesn't smell bad at all." I paused and said without thinking, "It smells really good actually."

He let out a chuckle from behind me and pulled me a little tighter against him. My back flush against his chest.

"You smell really good too," he said huskily.

My eyes widened and my cheeks flamed with embarrassment at his comment. I squirmed in his arms wanting to go out onto the balcony.

He left out a soft whine from behind me and loosened his hold on me allowing me to escape.