|chapter 44|

Chapter 44
Sophia POV

I sigh to myself watching my phone, I took the decision to be with Alex but I've not made any initiative yet, I know he's waiting patiently for me but I just don't know what to say, I want to be with you now?

I sigh distracted as the hot cappachino pours on my skin, shit!! I frown wiping on my hand running it over the sink.

You've been distracted all day maybe you should just go home Rosie sighs looking at me as I wipe on my hand.

No I shake my head, I've been gone for weeks and now am here am not going to just up and leave.

Well then am suspending you she sends me a smug smile.

Uh? You can't do that

Yes I can she smiles as the others dissolve into laughter

Am okay really, am not distracted i send her a smile, I'll just go for a walk and I'll be back I pull my apron away from my body wearing my sweater and coat, I fiddle with my phone in my pocket as I walk out the back door.

I sigh breathing in the cool air, the wind blowing heavily, I quickly put my hair in a ponytail walking forward, I have no idea where am going to but I end up in a cafe, hot strawberry tea and a croissant in front of me I pinch on the snack my phone staring at me.

Just do it Sophia, it won't kill you i tell myself, i immediately dial his number hugging my body closer to myself in the quiet booth of the cafe.

The phone rings but moves to voicemail I stare at the phone, having no idea what to say, uh its Sophia, uh I really have no idea what to say I sigh into the phone, i had a talk with Lester yesterday, he's a really convincing guy, can talk me into buying a car I snort laughing slightly, anyway I wanted to talk to you, I don't know if you still want to take a chance with me, I mean am such a hassle and I keep on creating problems since I figured out you were a freaking Prince, so just call me when you hear this or don't I sigh ending the voicemail, God Sophia you are such a fool I mumble to myself turning back to my food.

When am done I take a walk back to the shop, less distracted, I say goodbye to the rest walking home leaving them to clean today.

I close my door behind me with a sigh, I can't believe he never called back, or did he just really give upon me, with a pout I remove my shoes I dump myself on the couch staring at the spot where the TV used to me, why did I break that again? I frown.

I grab my phone ready to download a movie or something when I hear my doorbell.

I frown walking towards the door I pull it open staring at a single white rose the hands holding them make my smile widen.

You wanted to talk to me? He's eyes meet with mine, hopeful eyes

You and me both, you and me both I mumble under my breath, and the rose?

For you he grabs my hand pushing it into my hands, you have to take it, I rushed here as soon as I got your voicemail.

You just got it? I frown

He nods I was busy with my publicist all day, we were talking about you.

Me? I frown closing the door behind him watching him pull of his coat hanging it by mine just like old times.

Yes he runs his hands together, a long sleeved shirt covering his arms, I was talking to him about you and duchess.

About what exactly? I narrow my eyes slightly

How to completely get the duchess out of the way, so the public won't be too judgemental towards you when you enter the picture.

You were so sure I was going to come back to you? I frown