|chapter 23|

Sophia POV

When I get to Rosie's Monday morning am even happier than before, I wonder if I can shout I have a hot boyfriend and no one would look at me like I belong in a mental asylum.

When I turn the open sign of course river enters first going to his usual seat, now Lara or I do not serve him again Scarlet does it sometimes or Mara.

Lara quickly moves to the kitchen claiming to check on the bread when Andrea is there.

I roll my eyes and lean on the counter, yes they talked everything out like adults but they avoid each other like high school ex's.

I smile wholeheartedly at the guy who comes up to me he orders and tries to flirt and i know how to deal with this type of men, for the past 3 months I've heard so many cheesy pick up lines that I'm now immune to it.

The whole day flows nicely and at night Lara and I walk back home, Johnny and Rosie will be coming back next week and I miss them already.

Rosie calls once in a while to check on things and am glad. I call Chuck sometimes cause without him by now I would be slaving on ramen noodles, alcohol and motel rooms.

Lara and i talk about our first try at serving actual breakfast at Rosie's and it was a disaster, the work was too much and I don't think we could afford hiring another chef so were still the same old Rosie's.

I tell Lara about my date last night and Alex asking me to be his girlfriend its surreal that I just want to call john and shout in your face sucker!!!!, but of course I don't

honestly for a moment I completely forgot who john was but I have to thank the guy for breaking up with me or I would be sitting in a bar or a jail cell by now.

I finally tell Lara about my past my family, jail, john and every other thing I dumped in New York.

We reach our apartment and I enter my house and the first thing I see are flowers everything about 50 bouquets I raise a brow and pluck the single card when I walk further into my living room with a smile am pretty sure this was alex doing.

I'm truly happy I bumped my status to boyfriend, I miss you.
Love Alex.

I chuckle and I don't want to even think how he got the flowers in my home, I'll ask the next time we meet and that's in 2 days time and I can't wait.

The next two days goes by and nothing special happens, the same routine,the same weather and some texts from alex.

Thursday afternoon and were closing up I say goodbye to everyone walking home I receive a text from alex saying he's at my door and am almost running home, pathetic I know.

When I spot his dark form from the gates am jumping with joy, I quickly climb up the stairs when I reach him he's quick to pull me into a hug, I hug
him back like we haven't seen each other in years

Hey I lean back

Hey he says his hood in place, but he's glasses are off before I can put in another word he leans forward and places a kiss on my lips, we stand there in front of my door kissing for a while before he pulls back with a smirk, am really glad.

I bumped my status really. He chuckles

I laugh giving a small punch on his shoulder how did you even get into my apartment.