|chapter 38|

Chapter 38

Sophia POV

I yawn looking out my window its early in the morning and it's another day of trying to get my life back together.

I take a quick bath grabbing my orange short sleeved chiffon dress reaching my knees and white panty host and coat, I wear my boots and tie my scarf around my neck, letting my hair fall down my back I grab my purse opening the door I look around the porch but don't find the box instead I find two things on the swing, two cups of Starbucks coffee and 3 badly designed cupcakes in a plastic white container.

I sit on the swing, taking a taste of the first one, bitter and hot, I finish up that one successfully waking me up, I grab the second one and taste it, its exactly sweet, even with whip cream.

What an idiot, he'll just keep on feeding me, if he thinks this will change my mind then he got it all wrong.

Then why are you crying? My mind reminds me

Shut up head, I wipe of my tears biting into the cupcakes, this is insanely delicious.

When am done, I leave everything the way it was I look around hoping to find a note and I do, finding it under the cupcake container.

Am really sorry again
I know am acting foolish
But I hope this food can help
Its sweet like you.
Love Alex xxxx

I roll my eyes, putting the note in my purse, he's really bad at these things.

I walk down the steps and make my way to central park.

I walk through jogging people, the zoo and finally I find the fountain finding a seat I just gaze up at the fountain.

A woman settles down next to me, a baby in her arms.

I stare at the child in the pink clothes and I feel like I've seen her before.

The blonde woman stares up at me, I've I met you somewhere?

That's what I thought too? I stare at her when a man comes up from behind grabbing the baby

I stare up at the man, John!!!

He's eyes widen staring at me

I smile, its been such a long time.

Now I remember you!! The woman smiles, you were his roommate

I nod yea roommate I narrow my eyes at him

Well I'll let you both talk, I'll go get ice cream she smiles, placing a peck on the baby girl's cheek and john before walking away.

I stare at my ex boyfriend, just my luck to see you here uh I smile

I thought you were in London? He frowns staring down at me while tapping the baby on the back

And I thought you were single?

Don't-"

I roll my eyes, I won't tell her anything, just do it yourself before she finds out on her own, trust me it will be bad, I take a seat.

He follows seating besides me
Chuck said you were in London

Am back I shrug, but I don't know for how long yet I shrug when some birds lands a few feat away from me

Why did you come back?

I had to get my parents house back I shrug

You stay there now?

I nod, I got it back yes but am not done with the payment

That reminds me, you stole my money he groans

I roll my eyes, don't be so bitter about it, money is not everything, it does not fix everything.

What really happened to you Sophia?

I got played again I shrug the normal

Soph-"

Don't worry am over yours, just need to get over this one again

He nods staring ahead

I stand up well am gonna go, and John tell your wife the truth I eye the woman as she walks back with two ice cream cones in her hand a broad smile on her face, it will do you some good and she will forgive you, I assure you.

He nods, watching me walk away, I walk around for a while before heading back home, I open the door expecting to see another box but I spot nothing.

I sigh entering the kitchen where I see 3 tubs of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream.

I know I spilled yours the last time
So this is a replacement for the last
I think I'm getting better at this thing
Or not you can just tell me
Love Alex

I finally give out a laugh grabbing the tub of chocolate ice cream.

******
Its dark outside when I hear a knock on the door, I open it to nobody but a large red box.

Okay, I grab the heavy box locking the door behind me, moving to the living room, I open the box to see clothes inside.

I grab each material, and finally I find the note.

I know I lied and am sorry
So this is every clothes I wore to your place or on our outings
Am done hiding and I want to come out from my hiding place, please forgive me.

I find the first shirt I saw him with, the red t shirt he fell with on the first day I met him.

I remove my sleeping shirt and wear his instead, the scent envelope me, I close my eyes trying to rid myself of the memories but they rush back in.

Grabbing my phone I think I should just call him and listen to what he has to say does not necessarily mean I have to forgive him.

I grip my phone tightly in my hand, maybe I should wait, I am enjoying the free food.

I laugh to myself grabbing the tub of ice cream I've been licking all day.

Grabbing my phone I decide to search up his family, the first things I see is the argument I had with him at that party then the next person they talk about is James his brother who is a Playboy.

I stare at pictures of him in clubs and bars with different girls, I bit my lip I wonder if Alex to was like this at that age?

I stare at the princess Elena who seems to have been homeschooled all her life unlike her brothers because of their mothers death.

I stare at photos of the former Queen with light brown hair almost blonde and light blue eyes unlike the siblings my guess they got their eyes from their father seeing as they are no pictures of the father so far.

I stare at a young picture of Alex and hold in my laughter as he holds on to his mother's hand desperately in shorts I laugh to myself shaking my head absentmindedly as I go through every photo before falling asleep.