|chapter 8|

Sophia POV

When we finally reach the cafe again we get everything back to the front, when were done I climb up the stairs and change back to my basketball shorts.

I reach the stairs and I see, Simon tapping newspaper to the glass so when we paint the sides the paint does not splash on the window, I move to the other side with much difficulty because of all the garbage and papers on the floor.

the store is shaped like a square but not really, the left and right part of the wall have floor length transparent glass with  6 booths at both sides then there's the part close to the left part of the booths there's a small step on the wooden floor like a small stage my guess where the sound system used to be, the front part of the cafe in between the double glass doors is also made of glass but it doesn't go all the way down nearly touching the floor like the sides, instead it reaches half and its painted yucky green too as simon calls it.

The center and all together was probably filled with the wooden tables, and the glass counter and cash register is the center of all attention as soon as you walk inside, with the coffee machine, juice machine and also the blender for the smoothie behind with small cupboards my guess where cups used to be, I look around the fairly large place and wonder how they let this all close down, its not like they are low on money cause with what Simon said about river being a big shot lawyer and sending them money often I can't imagine them closing this place down for good, well they are old to manage things anymore, exactly why am here.

I sigh looking at my work, its not as neat as Simon's but it will work, I rub my hands together its time to get dirty

He laughs throwing me a fairly large paint brush, you paint the down I'll paint the up

I nod, were painting this sides white I tell him

And the counter he points to the yellow colour

That will still remain the same colour I dont want to change everything

And the brown?

Its to re paint the tables and chairs since the paint seems to be chipping, and also for the front parts I say moving there

He nods I like your style its colourful

I nod, you have no idea what goes on in my head

Well I would love to know if you let me

I roll my eyes, come on Simon let's get this party started

Oh now that you said that, he moves to the player that is temporarily kept on the floor near the counter, he fiddles with the buttons before a song I know so well comes up  I chuckle grabbing the white paint, mumbling the lyrics of the song under my breath, I know I have a good voice but he doesn't need to know that.

We paint silently for some hours before Simon's phone rings and he has to go, I tell him goodbye and he leaves promising to come tomorrow to finish up his work since he did not get to finish it due to helping me with mine.

When he leaves am aware of my stomach growling for food but I pay no attention to it, I need to finish the painting by 4 since I have to go see the apartment with Rosie later.

I finally finish painting the front and I head outside the store to paint too, cause the outer look matters too, by the time am done, its 3:00 and I head back inside to get some sweeping done, I finish half of the sweeping putting what I need in garbage bags before john comes downstairs to see the work