Betrayal

That night, it stormed yet again, and this time everyone was up because Amenata thought that since all of the Mystics accept for the fifth were in one place they should plan for what trials they would face in fighting Wheeler and his followers.

  Christian suggested an inconspicuous approach since their numbers were much larger, but Amenata said that it wasn't a problem because they have quality on their side and there numbers were easy to break.

  Lightning flashed across the large window as the rain poured down as if there was no end to it. The whole group sat in the living room, each with their own thoughts about the situation at hand. Imani looked out the window at the rain thinking of how what they may face when suddenly lightning flashed across the window again, but this time the silhouette of a person looked back at her and she jumped back.

  "What's wrong baby?" Christian asked. "Someone is here." Imani said, barely over a whisper. The whole room was dead silent. No one spoke and everybody was listening for the faintest sound of an intruder.

  Then, the lights went out all of a sudden and everyone stood up. The only light that shown was the ivory glow from the moon.

  "How do we turn the power back on Amenata?" David asked. He looked worried, almost scared. Christian saw this and laughed out loud. "Bro how old are you?"

  Amenata was exasperated. "Christian, you need to stay focused. Wrong time." She said. "The house isn't connected to any electricity. I used charms on the lights so they could run anyway which means whoever did this knew about the charms." She said, trying to figure out what was going on.

  "I'm going to go find this guy and-" David was cut off by Amenata who says "Not alone. Christian, you go with David and check out upstairs, and the front of the house. Me and Imani will check the back and the basement."

  David and Christian ran upstairs while Imani and Amenata teleported to the back. Christian was checking Imani's room when somebody yelled "What the fuck!" Christian ran to the source of the noise to find David in his room, holding an empty box of crackers. "Who ate my cheese nips?!" David said angrily. Christian sighed, shook his head and went to Amenata's room. When he went in, he was surprised at what he saw.

  Books lying open on every surface you could find. Her bed wasn't made, and her desk was covered in a pile of papers. Christian couldn't help but look through some of the papers that she left. There were writings of war strategy, chemistry, there abilities, and many other things related to their cause. Christian left the room and both of them went back downstairs to meet with the girls.

  Much to their dismay neither Imani or Amenata was in the living room. Christian and David ran out to the back and the scene of what was going on would be burned into Christian's mind forever.

  Amenata and a figure with a red hooded cloak stood beside each other while Imani was on her knees crying and trying to fight against a spell put on her to restrain her. Christian saw red.

  He teleported behind the hooded person and before he could slice his head off he teleported. Christian looked at Amenata in confusion and dismay. Amenata smiled and said "Sorry about this." She teleported behind Christian and chopped him in his brain stem and he was on the ground cold.

  "Bye, little sister." Amenata said to Imani and teleported.