Ripple Effect

The earth started to shake all around Christian and his father. Imani came outside with her father to see what was going on.

  Suddenly, Imani was grasping her chest and had fallen to her knees. "No.....no no no no no no no." She started to rock back and forth as if she lost her mind. Christian kneeled beside her and as he put his arm around her she started to scream. It was a blood curdling scream that ripped out your heart as it vibrated in your stomach. You could feel the despair around her shift to rage like sparking a flame near an oven with the gas on. 

  "Fortunately for you, I saved you the trouble of traveling. I'm so glad I left when I did. I knew she'd never betray you. All she did was waste her life. What a pity...." Wheeler said with a tone that could freeze the sun.

  Imani snapped. She transformed and ran at Wheeler screaming. Christian was a different story. He was just standing there, but his eyes were bright blue. His rage took complete control over him and he ran towards him with the intention of killing him as slowly as he could.

  Then, Imani's father ran in front of her and grabbed her. Christian's father did the same. Imani's father was thrown and Christian back handed his father before he had a chance of grabbing him.

  Before Christian could get to Wheeler, Sin fell from the sky in front of him and his sword started to turn blue, but this time it vibrated violently and everything around him was at a complete stand still. Christian took his sword and with one swing sliced  Sin's head clean off.

  Christian turned around to see Wheeler's face, which was surprisingly stricken with pain and grief, but what he didn't know was that Christian could sense his sadness turn into fear towards Christian himself. Wheeler said "That....was my younger brother. Stopping me is pointless at this point. Death for the people around me is now pointless. At this moment you all have no idea what I'm capable of, and pretty soon it will be too late for any of you to stop me." After his speech, he dissapeared.

  David's P.O.V

  " Tell me you're joking. Zombies!?!?!" I asked in disbelief. Amenata nodded her head slowly. "That's why I left. I knew that attacking his base head-on would cause him to reveal his trump card. In doing so I found out his plan. He wants to resurrect the Elders and they would be completely under his control. They're immense power under his disposal means the end of the world as we know it, but what's confusing is that the Elders died so long ago and they're burial site is deep underground so no one would try to examine the bodies. He must've found their tomb because he can't just bring them back he has to be near them." 

  I can't believe what I just heard. It sounds like some real trouble, but she wouldn't be dumb enough to not have a plan.

  "So, we also have a trump card, but what it entails is pretty risky. Our trump card is Christian. He's the strongest we have. What we have to do is pass all of our strength to Christian's body, but the risky part is the after effect. Christian could lose himself, he might forget why he's here, what he's fighting for. All that power could drive him out of his mind. It's a very risky plan, but that's all we can do."

  Christian already packs a heavy punch, but all that power.... he'd be a real problem.

  End of P.O.V.

  Christian sheathed his sword, feeling nothing but rage and grief. Imani was back on her knees crying her eyes out and her father was trying to comfort her. Christian's father tried to come over to him, but Christian didn't even notice him as he walked back into the house. He lost his teacher, his friend. He still wrote in the notebook that she gave him everyday. He started to think of his purpose and felt that he let his self down. He wished to protect the people around him and he failed. Somehow, Amenata was dead. He regretted not being able to stop her when she left that night.

  Christian's father came to him as he went to the living room and sat on the couch. Christian had his hands on his head. "Things will get better. They always do. We just gotta find out what he's up to and put a stop to it."

  Christian looked at his father and laughed darkly. "Really? So it's just that simple? Find him and fight and save the day? Do you think that's all there is to it? THERE ARE LIVES IN THE BALANCE AND IT'S MY JOB TO PROTECT THEM!!!! So first, we're going to come up with a plan to -"

  Suddenly Christian blacked out. He woke up in a thicket of trees along a creek.David and Imani were laying beside him. Christian got up and walked to the creek. He didn't know where he was, but somehow this situation pleased him. He wanted nothing else than to disappear.

  He stared into his reflection in the creek when a very familiar voice startled him. "Being outside of the turmoil gives people time to think about what they really want out of life. I see you're no longer a canvas that can be turned any color." Amenata said. Christian was speechless.

  Christian got up and hugged her tight while crying. She patted his head and laughed. "So, my sister can always sense me and boy did she take the bait. I know she went ballistic, but that's nothing compared to how she'll react when she sees me."

  At that moment Christian was reminded of something. He looked at Amenata and grabbed her by the neck and raised her off the ground with one hand." And why the fuck should I trust you? You ran off with some guy and you expect me to look past that? You are the enemy right now. I want answers and they better be convincing."Christian said coldly.

  Amenata explained that she used a doppelganger to explode and destroy the fortress. Then she went into the details of Wheeler's plan and how they were going to stop it. Christian never senced deceit in Amenata, but had to be sure it was her. He was certain she was gone.

  Christian knew the risk of taking in too much power at once but excepted it gladly. He wanted to put Wheeler down for good. He grabbed David's and Imani's hands and Amenata put her hand on his shoulder as Christian siphoned energy for the battle of a lifetime.