Prologue

One day, in the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, there was an exceptional young man. His name was Christian Michael. He was exceptional even before this bullshit happened. He was an analytical genius. His eye for detail was unparalleled. Now his story starts off actually at birth, but we won't get into those details. Personally, his strong, silent nature was striking to me because he was very talented at many things. The impact he had on people knew no bounds. Thinking back, he opened up in ways people wouldn't normally notice. Ways that no one thought a person could express their selves, which led them to distance their selves from him. He was a pleasure to talk to though, bright, intelligent, and witty is scratching the surface of his persona. This young man is able to emanate every side of his nature at once.

We were walking one day from school, and he asked me why I never thought he was strange, and I told him no one did. That he just didn't show himself. He was mysterious, he knew it, but he wanted to confirm his suspicion (crazy right?). He was different from anyone else I have ever met. Comparing him would be an insult. He wasn't roughed up, even though that's how he lived. He was elegant, but on a mental level. He carried his self in a way as the President would in a common store. He came from a past I will never know about. He was 5 feet, 10 inches tall and about 160 pounds. Even before the craziness he had an inner strength that came out sometimes. He was tall and a little skinny, but he wasn't ordinary.

He possessed something most people have forgotten, and that's how to watch and wait. Our society has been plagued by the fast lane, and with our race as African Americans, we should follow this young man's example. This story is about how he went from silently watching from the side, to being the leader he was born to be. Now, before I present this book, I'd like to thank him for letting me share his story, but I don't think mirrors can talk.