Devastation...

David got to his feet with gleaming red eyes and shouted "Really?!?!?" He was covered in pieces of fruit and juice.

  He was furious." I hope you don't think you're the only one who's gifted" he said as his hair turned white. Imani knew it was pointless to try and stop them so she stepped back.

  Christian was glad she did because he opened the base guitar case to get his sword out. He could feel it as if it were alive. David started to emanate what seemed to be light throughout his body and he concentrated it to his arms and legs. "Well you got a lot of nerve, I'll give you that. You've already lost."

  Christian couldn't take it anymore. He teleported without a word. David was searching for him everywhere. Behind him, from the sides, he even checked the wreck of a fruit stand. Suddenly, two heels met David's face as Christian drop kicked him from 60 feet up. "The only thing that's going to be lost is your teeth." Christian stated, gripping his sword very hard. He knew he was a Mystic, so he knew he couldn't seriously hurt him.

  He teleported to a tattered and beaten David and held out his hand. "I know that you are one of us, which means your our ally. My ally. I'm sparing you for that one reason alone. I don't know my own limits at this point, but make another remark like that to my girlfriend and I'll forget about what I just said, understand?" He said as he helped him up.

  David was taken aback by the statement, and he said " Your not a bad fighter for a guy who doesn't know his limits. I apologize for what happened here. Both parts of the situation. The lady that owned the shop actually past away and one of the Wheeler's spies took her form to try and find the reincarnation of the second Elder. I, the reincarnation of the First, came here to get rid of him and find out where this guy is."

  Christian smiled slightly as Imani transformed.

  “Your search is over. My name is Imani, and if my boyfriend wasn't here you'd be in another world of pain right now." She said with a small scowl. Then, tears started to fall and she fell to her knees. Christian ran and knelt beside her and held her in his arms." Ms. Bennet..." she muttered while sobbing into Christian's shirt.

Christian held out his hand. "David, I'll take us back home." He said. David caught his hand and he teleported all of them to the back of Amenata's house in one time.

  Amenata came running out the backdoor and she suddenly froze at the sight of the new face staring at her.

  "Who the hell is this?"Amenata asked, looking embarrassed to be in her pjs still."That's the reincarnation of the first Elder." Christian said. Amenata turned tomato red and ran back into the house. Then, Imani got to her feet. Before Christian could ask she put up a hand and quietly said " I'm fine" She also went inside the house without another word.

  That night, Christian came downstairs to heat up some leftovers when he saw Imani putting a chicken in the oven. He walked into the kitchen and said " l thought you'd get hungry at some point ." Imani returned his statement with a half hearted smile and started to set the table. Christian turned her towards him and held her hands.

  "Christian, I can almost tell you think that I blame myself and I do. If I never left the village this never would've happened. I could've-"

  "I could've blamed you. I could've said that it was your fault I never knew my father or my mother, but I never did because no one knows what could've happened." Christian said, abruptly cold. Imani started to cry again and ran upstairs. Amenata was at the foot of the stairs with a blank stare on her face.

  Then, rage filled it and she started to walk up to him. He tried to back away, but she was suddenly beside him. "I thought my warning was good enough, but you.....need reinforcement." She whispered, every letter overflowing with rage. She gripped his shoulder and threw him out into the meadow where the defenceless Christian was beaten half to death by a livid and enraged older sister.