The Second Challenge Pt.1

Christian woke up on the kitchen counter, looking into the yellow light from the ceiling. He saw Amenata sitting at the small table asleep right beside his head. He almost had a heart attack and backed up thinking she’d try to kill him again if she seen him that close. His head felt like a 2,000 pound weight was sitting on his forhead as soon as he moved. Amenata moved a little and her eyes opened slowly. Christian couldn’t help but notice how serene she looked. She got up with a little yawn and said “We need to fully heal you now and we need to continue training we need to work on your concentration and speed. I think your strength needs some looking into as well” She said while stretching.

Christian was actually happy that he could be able to train again soon. He want to prove his worth more than ever as he finally realizes his purpose. Now that he knows what he’s working for he can’t stop now.

“So when can we do this exactly? I want to get back out there quick”. He said, hoping for the answer he was guessing. Amenata smiled. “Well, aren’t we anxious this morning? I can fix the injuries I couldn’t at that moment that’s why I just sat you here. You have a lot of…. cuts.” She said quietly.

Christian looked up and suddenly realized that he didn’t have a shirt on. He didn’t know what to think of the comment and thought that it was best to stay that way.” So I think we’ll work on you trying to burn stuff I guess. The key is concentration. Feel the energy in you come out to center of your vision. Try to control this energy.” She said trying keep things as firm as possible.

She held her hands over Christian’s right side a yellowish aura spilled from them. It looked like a mixture of water and how wind would look. It seeped into Christian’s skin and it began to heal. The yellow glow was absorbed by his skin and replenished his body. He got up thinking he could run a mile. He looked at Amenata and said “Thank you.” He got up and looked around for his black costume and saw it burnt up. ”We won’t need those anymore. That was only for the first day. I wanted you to figure out your purpose for yourself. You just need to learn how to maintain it.” She said.

They walked outside and Amenata turned red when she seen that Christian didn’t put another shirt on. “Um…..maybe…..hold on.” She raced in the house and came back out with a new white beater in less than 2 minutes. “There put this on. You need something right?”

So Christian felt way more confident going into this round of training knowing how to muster up his newfound strength. He bent his knees a bit and tried to feel the flow of his energy. As he did so his palms turned red and steam started to come from them. They soon erupted in flames. Somehow though he couldn’t feel the sting of the fire, or even any of the warmth.

“Now, I want you to throw it at me. Give me all you got and nail me in the head.” She said spreading her arms out. As Christian first thought that she was crazy he also thought that she wasn’t going to change that order either. He took his left hand and with all his might threw the flames at Amenata. She easily danced out of harm’s way and said “ Harder, dude! You won’t hit a parked car with that speed.” She said, laughing a little. His blood boiled and he gripped the fire in his right and condensed it as much as he could. He threw the ball as hard as he could, almost taking Amenata’s head off. She looked at him as though he was a lunatic.” Really!?!? I could of died you-“ but before she could finish Christian teleported behind her and hit her in the ribs with a fire-covered palm strike. “Let’s keep going Amenata. I want to feel like I did something every time I leave here”. He lit his hands again faced her with fighting stance. She matched it, saying” Maybe I’ll have to teach you another lesson”.

Christian ran at Amenata and punched her in the center of the chest. She flew back about 6 yards before rolling uncontrollably and was finally able to gain her balance. She stared wide-eyed at this day-night transformation that he made. She got up, brushed herself off, and ran at a speed too quick for the naked eye to follow and jabbed Christian in the center of his chest. ”I won’t hold back.” She said. “I didn’t expect anything less from you. Why do you think I’m fighting so hard?” He said, making her realize how decisive Christian can be. He got up and suddenly Christian was 5 yards in the air right above her about to hit her with another palm strike. However, she had other plans.

Amenata said “Nice try.” Then disappeared right before Christian made his mark. She then started to hit Christian repeatedly with a barrage of attacks. She didn’t seem to get tired and Christian had to think of something fast. He surrounded his entire body in fire and Amenata stopped from the burns she suddenly contracted.

“That was smart forcing the enemy off like that, but what if they use a far range approach?” She asked, still looking impressed. She moved back very quickly and put her hands to the ground and lightning went through it towards him. He teleported to the branch of a tree and started to look more fatigued. He was reaching his limit. Amenata saw this and said “That’s enough for right now. Let’s get some breakfast and how about we take a shower shall we?” She said smiling and holding a hand out to help him up. He took the invitation and got up. He said “ I would have loved to last night, but all of my stuff is at my grandparents’ house.” She smiled and said “I got some towels prepared. Just take the ones on the wall to the left as you walk in the bathroom.

He ran into the house as if he didn’t just fight a seeming battle to the death with Amenata. She shook her head.”Damn, just say ‘food and shower’ and he’s all over it.” Then, she smiled “At least he’s clean.”

After Christian got out of the shower, he found a new pair of jeans and a black and white t-shirt on his bed. He liked the look of them as he came downstairs and sat in front of a steaming hot plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, a biscuit, and grits with butter and pepper. He got his fork and spoon and almost choked on the eggs.